Can Torrey be our Swiss Army Knife or gadget back?

Jonnyeagle

6 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Well he is definitely going to have way over 30 runs, but 40 receptions might be unobtainable given the options at WR and TE. 20 is more likely.

If our QB(s) do their check downs, I can see Torre getting 4-5 catches a game as an outlet. Those catches are anywhere from 3-6 yards down field before the YAC. He may be primed for a huge year

• Upvote 5

I really like Torrey, but he takes too many snaps away from Ataway. Ataway is a game changer in there, and should be used as such. He can run through you, and around you. Torrey is usually down after contact. I would move him to the slot and use him more as a receiver than an every down back. Its time Ataway gets the bulk of the carries. Litrell relies too much on veteran rbs even if there is more talented guys on the team who are underclassmen. Keep screwing around and guys like Ataway will leave. 

Edited by GOMeanGO
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I thought this was Torrey's bonus COVID year, and he's be gone in 2022 anyways.

I guess I thought wrong.

Seth has to know playing Torrey isnt the smartest of moves, I can name two guys lower on the depth chart than Torrey who are better than him, and its not even close. 

Edited by GOMeanGO
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

6 hours ago, GOMeanGO said:

Seth has to know playing Torrey isnt the smartest of moves, I can name two guys lower on the depth chart than Torrey who are better than him, and its not even close. 

I agree, but not my point.

If DT is done after 2021, OA (or any of the others) would be pretty dumb to leave.

If DT is eligible in 2022, then this is something to worry about.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, GOMeanGO said:

Okay, name them - and then explain why it is not even close.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, GOMeanGO said:

Have you seen Adaway run? And Johnson is built like a Sherman tank.  Torrey is an undersized scat back. 

I have. Oscar reminds me a bit of Adrian Peterson. He is without a doubt the starter.

However, you stated you knew TWO guys lower on the depth chart than Torrey that are better than him and that its not even close. You've named one: Johnson and said he is built like a Sherman tank. Im not sure that qualifies as making one "better" but ok.

So who is your second, lower on the depth chart, not even close, guy?

23 hours ago, GOMeanGO said:

I really like Torrey, but he takes too many snaps away from Ataway. Ataway is a game changer in there, and should be used as such. He can run through you, and around you. Torrey is usually down after contact. I would move him to the slot and use him more as a receiver than an every down back. Its time Ataway gets the bulk of the carries. Litrell relies too much on veteran rbs even if there is more talented guys on the team who are underclassmen. Keep screwing around and guys like Ataway will leave. 

I can tell you’re not a real football guy lol. In this day and age no running backs getting 30+ carries a game especially with the offense we run. You rotate your backs to keep them fresh shit you rotate all your players besides the QB and oline for that reason. I get you have a crush on adaway and rudder but relax a little. The coaches going to rely on the players that they know will do things right. What makes you think the underclassmen that you mentioned are better?