Tre Siggers Update

Coach Andy Mac

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Let me be perfectly clear (an old "usually" crooked politician's line) but I've never blamed Tre Siggers for coming up with the idea of transferring.  For his sitting in his Mean Green Village dorm room one fine day suddenly saying:   "WALA!" I've always wanted to play for a school that has some very giving alums."

If tampering is illegal (& why would it be in today's NCAA who gave us NIL) but I'd bet my next Wedding DJ gig check that that's exactly what happened to Tre Siggers of whom I was a fan--still am truth be told.  UNT would never pursue the legal aspects of this alleged tampering because of the 2 HFC's friendship. (Hell! They've even gone on family vacations together is my understanding). 

Today's moral standards & ethics are so different today from those of we Baby Boomer's era & I'm just having a harder time as hell getting used to them.  Guess I better start though, eh?     

I could almost be an SMU fan if not for some of their past shenanagannery. (Heck!  I saw them beat OU in the 1968 Astro-Bluebonnet bowl).  And if SMU
seeks another league because they think the rest of us have cooties--so be it.   Mama Tried:  My Mama  always taught me to not be judgmental no matter toward who. 

I am a UNT fan, though.  See some of you at Apogee tomorrow at 3 PM & if you're not there (& could be) not one more damn peep about SMU's or anyone else’s  attendance. Never toss the first stone if you live in a glass house.

GMG!

Looks like Plumm found a new formatting option.  I'd say go back to the colors.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This is Torrey's last year of eligibility (or does he also have 1 more?).   If he wanted to leave and try his hand at a different school like Siggers did, he certainly could have.   Instead, he's stepped up beyond what any of us expected with the preseason loss of Adaway, and what can only be described as a dumpster fire of a passing game.

This is his last year. I believe he initially was about to declare to enter the draft last year and was talked into coming back . 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Siggers, who apparently likes to be known as "Big D Sig" logged almost 100 yards and 3TDs to advance the mustangs to 8-2.  Way to go!

Thank you for sharing. I’m really proud of Tre. I really do wish him the best. I even picked him up on my DraftKings roster today.

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Siggers, who apparently likes to be known as "Big D Sig" logged almost 100 yards and 3TDs to advance the mustangs to 8-2.  Way to go!

I like Sigger's game, but you must know he didn't play a lot last year for the Green.  He would have been most likely the third team rb if he remained at NT.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, DentonStang said:

You guys may be 8-2, but as a fellow “locked out of the P5” team like us, you know once those two losses hit you re-entered totally irrelevance in the grand scheme of things. But what’s important is that we are there together. I know that brings SMU fans great comfort. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Well someone should! Regardless of where he spends his extra year, he is a North Texas alumnus

Nope. Once he turned his back on us I was done. I wish him no ill will, but I don’t care what he does from here on out. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

You guys may be 8-2, but as a fellow “locked out of the P5” team like us, you know once those two losses hit you re-entered totally irrelevance in the grand scheme of things. But what’s important is that we are there together. I know that brings SMU fans great comfort. 

We'd be locked out with zero losses with our best OOC game being self-destructed TCU.  We can only hope a real playoff gets put in place

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2

• 8 months later...