Tre Siggers Update

Coach Andy Mac

On 8/24/2021 at 11:02 PM, greenminer said:

It sounds like Ruder is gonna pass him, anyways, but man! what a combative take.  It's like you're inviting argument.

Since when is telling it like I see it a combative take? Aune isnt that great. Everyone should have known Ruder would more than likely start.

• Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Ankle sprain vs TCU, and Siggers & Levine really didn't need any help

Thank you. Although I was repulsed that Tre chose to transfer to that particular school, I get why he picked it. Now that we don’t play that school again, I wish Tre nothing but the best. I hope he sets some records or gets some accolades. I also hope the rest of their players get humbled week in and week out.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2021 at 5:07 PM, DentonStang said:

Local (in a certain way) kid made good Siggers clocked another 86 yards and a TD in SMU'S 41-17 victory over USF. 

SMU and Siggers now ranked #24.

Congrats Tre!

Only because smoo was without Bentley… 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Happy for Tre.   He only has this season's and next season's eligibility remaining.  Cant blame him for wanting to get the most out of that time & go to a place where he can be in a position to win a championship... after GRADUATING from NT.  He's one of us!
He made a choice that worked out well for him.
I'm much more proud of DeAndre Torrey though.   Torrey is 7th in the Nation in rushing, while only playing 6 games so far (the guys ahead of him have all played 7).

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Happy for Tre.   He only has this season's and next season's eligibility remaining.  Cant blame him for wanting to get the most out of that time & go to a place where he can be in a position to win a championship... after GRADUATING from NT.  He's one of us!
He made a choice that worked out well for him.
I'm much more proud of DeAndre Torrey though.   Torrey is 7th in the Nation in rushing, while only playing 6 games so far (the guys ahead of him have all played 7).

Torrey kind of don’t have no choice but to carry the load. We have no one else. I like how SMU spread the ball around . Something I wish we could do 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GreenGang45 said:

Torrey kind of don’t have no choice but to carry the load. We have no one else. I like how SMU spread the ball around . Something I wish we could do 

This is Torrey's last year of eligibility (or does he also have 1 more?).   If he wanted to leave and try his hand at a different school like Siggers did, he certainly could have.   Instead, he's stepped up beyond what any of us expected with the preseason loss of Adaway, and what can only be described as a dumpster fire of a passing game.

Let me be perfectly clear (an old "usually" crooked politician's line) but I've never blamed Tre Siggers for coming up with the idea of transferring.  For his sitting in his Mean Green Village dorm room one fine day suddenly saying:   "WALA!" I've always wanted to play for a school that has some very giving alums."

If tampering is illegal (& why would it be in today's NCAA who gave us NIL) but I'd bet my next Wedding DJ gig check that that's exactly what happened to Tre Siggers of whom I was a fan--still am truth be told.  UNT would never pursue the legal aspects of this alleged tampering because of the 2 HFC's friendship. (Hell! They've even gone on family vacations together is my understanding). 

Today's moral standards & ethics are so different today from those of we Baby Boomer's era & I'm just having a harder time as hell getting used to them.  Guess I better start though, eh?     

I could almost be an SMU fan if not for some of their past shenanagannery. (Heck!  I saw them beat OU in the 1968 Astro-Bluebonnet bowl).  And if SMU
seeks another league because they think the rest of us have cooties--so be it.   Mama Tried:  My Mama  always taught me to not be judgmental no matter toward who. 

I am a UNT fan, though.  See some of you at Apogee tomorrow at 3 PM & if you're not there (& could be) not one more damn peep about SMU's or anyone else’s  attendance. Never toss the first stone if you live in a glass house.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen