Tre Siggers Update

Coach Andy Mac

On 8/18/2021 at 9:48 AM, GOMeanGO said:

What does my personality have to do with the fact Torrey isnt as good as Adaway? Its just an angry homer who cant come to grips with reality that the best players on the team he cheers for arent getting the desired reps they need. 

No, I down voted you because you argue with yourself and make up accusations. It is your posting style. 

• Upvote 3
  • Pissed 2

North Texas transfer running back Tre Siggers shared details on his journey to the Hilltop, how fall camp is treating him with his new team, the running back competition and more.

On fall camp so far: "It's going good, I'm just glad to be here in Dallas at home. Makes it a little better."

On running back room competition: "Everybody's just going to do their job. We all bring something to the table so you just feed off each other and make us all better, you know?

On transfer process to SMU: "It was a bit stressful at the beginning, but God had his plan for me so I just stuck with it and kept faith. I was probably a week, week and a half and that's when I decided that's the place where I want to be. I was really just weighing all my options."

On returning to his hometown and the connection: "I've always wanted to come to SMU. Being a kid, coming to the playoff games here, I've always wanted to play on that field. It's always been a dream of mine."

On Dallas players returning back to SMU and what makes SMU a good spot: "I think it's just the family. It's really big here. Other places I've been to, it hasn't been like this. They were very welcoming, made us feel like home.

OMMENTS

"We always talk about how the high school days went and stuff. It's kind of interesting."

On having a big day at SMU and turning the tables on that: "Definitely. I say it all the time to myself, it's not going to seem real until the first game. Still adjusting to all the blue. I look better in blue though."

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

On 8/21/2021 at 2:49 AM, UNTLifer said:

No, I down voted you because you argue with yourself and make up accusations. It is your posting style. 

I argue with myself about Torey, and yet there is an entire thread about how great he is, even though he isnt even the second most talented back we have. Well now that Adaway is hurt, I guess its next man up! You down vote me, because I am not part of the good ole boy group.

Edited by GOMeanGO
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, GOMeanGO said:

Ok, explain that. What is so bad about my style? That I tell it like it is? 

Read what you just wrote.  

You and everyone else tells it like they think it is, that does not make it correct or does not make it not debatable

Opinions are not facts or sometimes even based on facts

You are voted down because you are not part of the "Good Ole Boy Group", how insane is that?

That is just looking for attention and you are getting it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

You and everyone else tells it like they think it is, that does not make it correct or does not make it not debatable

You are voted down because you are not part of the "Good Ole Boy Group", how insane is that?

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

3 hours ago, GOMeanGO said:

But do explain how my posts are offensive, I would love to hear and explanation on that one. 

Maybe ... you always seems to need to try and cut down a player to promote the players you favor. Stick to the positives of "your" choice and lay off the negatives of the other Mean Green players

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I am starting to feel this is the truth.

21 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Maybe ... you always seems to need to try and cut down a player to promote the players you favor. Stick to the positives of "your" choice and lay off the negatives of the other Mean Green players

What person doesnt prefer a certain player over another player? All fans do that. Still not a good enough explanation. And all fans point out pros and cons of each player and show bias. Its clear the people who down vote me do so because I am not a fan of the club, or they like Aune over Ruder. Or Both. 

Edited by GOMeanGO

Just now, GOMeanGO said:

What person doesnt prefer a certain player over another player? All fans do that. Still not a good enough explanation. 

I guess you just don't get it. Stop being negative against the player you don't favor. You bring up some valid issues for the players you support but stop with the constant attacks on the other players. 

4 minutes ago, GOMeanGO said:

What person doesnt prefer a certain player over another player? All fans do that. Still not a good enough explanation. And all fans point out pros and cons of each player and show bias. Its clear the people who down vote me do so because I am not a fan of the club, or they like Aune over Ruder. Or Both. 

Stephen Colbert Point GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

• Haha 1

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

I guess you just don't get it. Stop being negative against the player you don't favor. You bring up some valid issues for the players you support but stop with the constant attacks on the other players. 

Just because I bring up a players weaknesses doesn't mean I am attacking that player. I have no ill will against Aune, I just know that if he is QB that we wont win more than 5 or 6 games at best. I am hoping that we have someone on the current roster better than that, its not a slight toward a certain player at all. 

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 8/23/2021 at 7:41 AM, dodgefan said:

On Dallas players returning back to SMU and what makes SMU a good spot: "I think it's just the family. It's really big here. Other places I've been to, it hasn't been like this. They were very welcoming, made us feel like home.

OMMENTS

"We always talk about how the high school days went and stuff. It's kind of interesting."

On having a big day at SMU and turning the tables on that: "Definitely. I say it all the time to myself, it's not going to seem real until the first game. Still adjusting to all the blue. I look better in blue though."

These two I don’t like.

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

These two I don’t like.

SMU are experts at false perception creating & building.  See how successful their Mustang Mania perception-building & promo lasted?   (How’s ‘bout not even a decade). 

•••When Sonny Dykes fills a future Texas Tech job (or any other P5 job) SMU will begin their demise (again). 
It will once again be like old times for Stang City when they regularly paid for players (but didn’t get caught all those times). •Honestly, can you take spots off a leopard?   UNT has several “L’s” to some of those University Park semi-pro football teams.  

Also, pay close attention to several of the Big 12’s remaining schools who will (to the school) blackball SMU from future B12 membership. (Awe, such sweet poetic justice for many) &.....it will be those same remaining B12 schools who will be getting portal transfers from——-SMU!😎
Only then will many get to say:  “WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND,  “___  ___’s (what was that word DD once used to describe MG fans)? 😱

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Thanks 2

On 8/23/2021 at 2:21 PM, GOMeanGO said:

I have no ill will against Aune, I just know that if he is QB that we wont win more than 5 or 6 games at best. 

How do you know that ?   This is the kind of blanket statement that rubs people here the wrong way.    A lot of QB's can excel in their second year of starting.    IMO, you can't attack Aune's weaknesses, because you have not seen him play this year.     I am really excited about having Ruder here as he appears to have a potentially high ceiling.    But, the best QB will win the job and our staff knows what they have this year.    We do not.

You have brought up some good points at times.   Most of them have already been discussed ad nauseam here in the past (like Torrey being a bad choice on 4th and 1.  That drove everyone crazy).    

If you want to be accepted, just take a bit of a softer approach without acting like a know it all as a newish poster.  

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:14 PM, GOMeanGO said:

Its clear the people who down vote me do so because I am not a fan of the club, or they like Aune over Ruder. Or Both. 

Its really not as clear as you think it is.  

Bottom line is your internet persona comes across as kind of a brash know-it-all who can’t see things from a different perspective. 

• Upvote 2