Decade in Review – North Texas Mean Green

Tom McKrackin

’ll be honest and say that North Texas sounded to me like either a John Wayne film, or one that had Burt Reynolds in it… turns out I was wrong on both accounts. Apparently, it’s a football team in Denton, Texas… who knew? Well, I guess you did Mean Green fans!

*Programming note: I’m writing this blog one day ahead of time but will still post on 5/13/21. Big boy has (2) MRIs scheduled for tomorrow morning and I just want to make sure I’m a little bit ahead of the game. But before they analyze me, let’s put the next team under our own microscope.

Join me in this trip down memory lane as we take a look back at the decade that was North Texas Mean Green football.

Decade forecast:

I’m not here to kick a program when it’s down. Good news is that there were a few 9-win seasons in the decade… bad news is that there were also twice as many losing years. The record in the conference has to get better in order for this team to have a shot at making it to a .500 record for the next decade. It’s an uphill climb, but I can at least appreciate the fact that they have a coach that has been there for several years and has taken them to bowl games. If a .500 record isn’t realistic, just make sure to win more than the 53 games… 2020 North Texas had 4 wins… So just 50 more in 9 years… that’s doable, right?

read more: https://collegefootballuniverse.com/2021/05/13/decade-in-review-north-texas-mean-green/

• Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Wow, we have sucked and this guy predicts we will continue to suck...what an amazing limb he is climbing out on with that prediction. 

Based upon our history I don't think he even climbed the tree. With a 2021 win prediction of 4 games he is right until we prove him wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

He lost me when he acted like he had never heard of us.

No doubt. That's very douchey. And if you're writing about college football there should be a built in passion for college football. You should be able to rattle off all 130 FBS schools with minimal hesitancy if you are a legitimate journalist of the sport. It just happens far more than it should be there so called sport journalists. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2