Will Kuehne Enters the transfer portal

TheReal_jayD

Good for him. Got his degree. If it became apparent he wasn’t going to be in the discussion for playing time I don’t blame him at all for leaving. You only get one shot at this so might as well find a place to play. 

With that said it seems very apparent based on 2.5 years to graduation that academics are important to him. So he may have somewhere specific he wants to go for grad school with no interest in waiting on that. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I’m kind of confused why we’re saying he graduated from UNT in 2.5 years. He enrolled in fall of 2019 so really it’s more like 2 years. Only was here for 4 conventional semesters. Must have had a lot of AP credits and summer classes. Pretty impressive.

Definitely possible. I graduated high school with 30 credit hours. Although I still graduated in the standard 4 years for no particular reason.....

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Definitely possible. I graduated high school with 30 credit hours. Although I still graduated in the standard 4 years for no particular reason.....

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Exactly!  Why would one want to graduate from college early?  Why not stretch it out?  College years are the very best years of your lives!  Savor those years.

College Life Drinking GIF

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, southsideguy said:

2.5 years to get his degree, I am impressed.

I'm guessing that he had some AP classes in HS, but yeah - impressive.

Did he graduate HS early and start at NT in the spring?

Edited by Stix
I replied without realizing there was another page- oops!
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It gives him the option if he so chooses. Without entering the portal he would not have the option to play somewhere else

I question that, the portal is just a list of players that want to, or are exploring transferring to another school.

I doubt it has anything to do with eligibility.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I question that, the portal is just a list of players that want to, or are exploring transferring to another school.

It makes sense to me that he would have to enter the portal if he hoped to play at another school.  You can’t transfer to another school and play if you haven’t entered the portal can you?

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

I could be wrong but I believe the portal is the way that you have to process transfer request now

14 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

But now the transfer portal is part of the rules.  You cannot transfer, at least directly between FBS schools (not sure about all other situations), without going through the portal.  Right?

14 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I could be wrong but I believe the portal is the way that you have to process transfer request now

No, you do not have to go through the portal to transfer.

It is a tool that facilitates transfers, it is not a rule or mandate

The rule that is changing recruiting, is the one time transfer without penalty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

No, you do not have to go through the portal to transfer.

It is a tool that facilitates transfers, it is not a rule or mandate

The rule that is changing recruiting, is the one time transfer without penalty.

Do you have an example of current players transferring between FBS schools without using the portal?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Do you have an example of current players transferring between FBS schools without using the portal?

No, and that is a moot point

The portal exist, why should players not use it and even if they didn't: I doubt anyone keeps track of it. 

No proof at all, but to think there are not coaches indirectly contacting players they want to recruit is naive.   The portal just provides the perfect tool to accomplish this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1