Anterrious Gray is playing for South Bama

The remainder of the first-team offensive line has been the same through all four days of camp: Hadon Merchant at left guard, Trey Simpson at center, Kent Foster at right guard and Antawn Lewis at right tackle. The second offensive line Monday included Joshua McCulloch at left tackle (swapping places with Baker), Tyler Jernigan at left guard, James Jackson (a Mississippi State transfer) and Jack Green splitting time at center, Anterrious Gray (a North Texas transfer) at right guard and Braden Moody at right tackle.

read more: https://www.al.com/usa/2021/08/south-alabama-practice-notes-fcs-transfer-making-move-on-offensive-line.html

Edited by Coach Andy Mac

22 minutes ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

The remainder of the first-team offensive line has been the same through all four days of camp: Hadon Merchant at left guard, Trey Simpson at center, Kent Foster at right guard and Antawn Lewis at right tackle. The second offensive line Monday included Joshua McCulloch at left tackle (swapping places with Baker), Tyler Jernigan at left guard, James Jackson (a Mississippi State transfer) and Jack Green splitting time at center, Anterrious Gray (a North Texas transfer) at right guard and Braden Moody at right tackle.

read more: https://www.al.com/usa/2021/08/south-alabama-practice-notes-fcs-transfer-making-move-on-offensive-line.html

The article states Gray is on the second team.  Not good when a starting NT lineman transfers down and doesn't make the first team. 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

• Coach Andy Mac changed the title to Anterrious Gray is playing for South Bama
19 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

The article states Gray is on the second team.  Not good when a starting NT lineman transfers down and doesn't make the first team. 

In what way is South Alabama transferring down?  They are in a better conference and beat Southern Miss last year, a team we lost to.  I would say we are just about equal at this point in time if anything. 

Outside of that he announced his transfer in May and it's their 4th preseason practice.  He wasn't exactly a star for us, so expecting him to beat out a player in his 3rd year with the program by the first week of practice is pretty ambitious. 

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, UNT18Grad said:

In what way is South Alabama transferring down?  They are in a better conference and beat Southern Miss last year, a team we lost to.  I would say we are just about equal at this point in time if anything. 

Outside of that he announced his transfer in May and it's their 4th preseason practice.  He wasn't exactly a star for us, so expecting him to beat out a player in his 3rd year with the program by the first week of practice is pretty ambitious. 

You got it, NT is the worst team in the worst conference in the land

Just a comment on the state of the NT program, which you seem to agree with: it should be better

He may not have been a star at NT, however he started for several years

Gray transferred as you probably know to be closer to his family and most want him to do well

S. Alabama was 4-7 last year, so I doubt the competition is overwhelming and I would be surprised if he doesn't end up starting

The Belt is not a better league in my view, unless you want to base your rankings on football the last few seasons  There is a lot more to evaluate than that.   

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

You got it, NT is the worst team in the worst conference in the land

Just a comment on the state of the NT program, which you seem to agree with: it should be better

He may not have been a star at NT, however he started for several years

Gray transferred as you probably know to be closer to his family and most want him to do well

S. Alabama was 4-7 last year, so I doubt the competition is overwhelming and I would be surprised if he doesn't end up starting

The Belt is not a better league in my view, unless you want to base your rankings on football the last few seasons  There is a lot more to evaluate than that.   

He was only here last year.