Photos from UNT 2021 Fall Practices

meangreen11

22 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Need Bush to bring that 1st one in there or he's gonna get buried fast.  Good coverage by Whitlock, but that was catchable.
That second one is gonna prove my man GOMeanGO right if Aune keeps throwing passes to nobody.
West with some nice coverage on Gumms!  I look forward to seeing that matchup blossom over the next 4 years!

Not a good throw from Aune, I know its just one snip it, but it seems our receivers are dropping a lot of passes that are easy catches. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Need Bush to bring that 1st one in there or he's gonna get buried fast.  Good coverage by Whitlock, but that was catchable.
That second one is gonna prove my man GOMeanGO right if Aune keeps throwing passes to nobody.
West with some nice coverage on Gumms!  I look forward to seeing that matchup blossom over the next 4 years!

I want to apologize for the last few days, I could have used better tone, and my passion for this team can sometimes be interpreted as being an AHOLE! I love what Aune did for us last year, and will praise him for it, but he was never the long term answer, the videos of practice continue to show he clearly isnt better than Ruder. Which is good! We want our star QB transfer to be better than Aune. Thats what we should be hoping for is that the next guy is better than the last guy.  Like I said, unless Ruder has a serious melt down game one, he should be the starter the entire season. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

22 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Nope.  In that case Ruder would start because he beat out Aune, which is what all the rest of us have been saying.

Short of an impending disaster Ruder should be our starter for the entire season. After seeing these videos its obvious one guy is head above heels better than the other. I knew this would happen before Ruder even took a snap. Aune has arm talent and maturity, but Ruder could play for a P5 school today if he wanted to.  I truly am shocked he chose us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

21 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Upon further review, looks like it got tipped

I didnt see a tip, but maybe there was. Either way its clear that Ruders passes are more crisp than Aune's. Even from this little snip it of videos. My biggest concern are all the drops from receivers that I am seeing. Ruder is hitting dudes in the chest and guys are dropping it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, GOMeanGO said:

I want to apologize for the last few days, I could have used better tone, and my passion for this team can sometimes be interpreted as being an AHOLE! I love what Aune did for us last year, and will praise him for it, but he was never the long term answer, the videos of practice continue to show he clearly isnt better than Ruder. Which is good! We want our star QB transfer to be better than Aune. Thats what we should be hoping for is that the next guy is better than the last guy.  Like I said, unless Ruder has a serious melt down game one, he should be the starter the entire season. 

Cheers pal.

Like I said before, despite Aune's #'s last year, I was pretty critical of his play.   Ideally he's going to get better in year 2.  This bodes well for UNT football.
And Ruder hasn't played meaningful football since 2018, that's my apprehension on him.   On paper, he checks off all the boxes & he's already put himself squarely in competition to start day 1 which is very impressive.   This also bodes well for UNT football.

You may feel strongly, and that's fine.  I actually like it.   I just don't have that same conviction.   
Many here are turning the heat up on Littrell, myself included,  but I'll still trust his judgement on who he thinks moves his offense best.   Whether that's Aune over Ruder, or vice versa, so be it.  Either way, I expect QB play to improve from last season despite losing Darden.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Cheers pal.

Like I said before, despite Aune's #'s last year, I was pretty critical of his play.   Ideally he's going to get better in year 2.  This bodes well for UNT football.
And Ruder hasn't played meaningful football since 2018, that's my apprehension on him.   On paper, he checks off all the boxes & he's already put himself squarely in competition to start day 1 which is very impressive.   This also bodes well for UNT football.

You may feel strongly, and that's fine.  I actually like it.   I just don't have that same conviction.   
Many here are turning the heat up on Littrell, myself included,  but I'll still trust his judgement on who he thinks moves his offense best.   Whether that's Aune over Ruder, or vice versa, so be it.  Either way, I expect QB play to improve from last season despite losing Darden.

I sure hope you're right. My biggest problem with Littrell is we have the talent, but lack the discipline, or play players at the wrong positions, or play the wrong guys period. It drives me insane at times. 

Edited by GOMeanGO
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Harry unpinned this topic