Will Litrell win enough games in 2021 to keep his job?

Tom McKrackin

Will Litrell win enough games in 2021 to keep his job?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Will Litrell win enough games in 2021 to keep his job?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

I can't imagine not winning at minimum 4 to 5 games. We're not in a P5 conference or AAC. As a matter of fact in football at least we're in the worst Division that's in the worst Conference in FBS.

And yet that possibility exists to win that or less. And its rather probable too, which scares me. Worst conference in CFB with a coach making p5 money and a winning season is not even on anyone's radar?

Oh hell no. He should be canned. But won't be due to buyout. Always happy to be wrong still.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 1

On 8/6/2021 at 2:23 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

A.  It's not the university that would buy out the contract.  That would be the high-dollar donors.

B.  The $250k statement is patently false.  How much did we (or, I should say, the high-dollar donors) pay to buy out Dan McCarney's contract?

North Texas's high dollar donors would be nuts to waste money correcting Wren's mistake. Bartenders drink their mistakes, so should universities. Regarding our previous men's basketball coach, we let him finish out his 5th year because we didn't have the money to buy him out. Finally, I can't believe we are wondering in 4 or 5 wins will be enough for Seth to keep his job. Only at North Texas. This is where I came in. Expect more or you will get less.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, meangreen11 said:

Wren did not hire Litty 4 the record.  I’m not insinuating that is what you r saying just stating for the record/

He gave him the raise and contract extension, so he is responsible for us being between a rock and a hard place.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

4 hours ago, MrAlien said:

I dont think expectations are very high for this season, 3 or 4 wins seems to be the consensus.  I think is more dependent on how those losses go.  are the games close?  is the team putting up a lot of points?  is the team taking bad penalties?

I happen to have high expectations with the sixth year of the highest paid coach in the conference ! I could not care less what the pundits say...Are you kidding me?

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Greenrex said:

I happen to have high expectations with the sixth year of the highest paid coach in the conference ! I could not care less what the pundits say...Are you kidding me?

I think there may be a disconnect between 2 different kinds of "Expectations" here.

1.  How many wins do you expect the Mean Green to have at the end of this year
2. How many wins do you expect Coach Littrell to produce based on his recruiting rankings, pay, resources, etc...

For me, the answers to 1 & 2 are about 3-4 games different.  And you don't want question #2's number to be higher than #1 very often, if ever.

If you asked the same questions in 2016 & 2017, question #1 would have been in the green by quite a few.  We were all very pleased. 
2018, a wash.  Expectations were high, and he delivered.
2019 & 2020, in the red by quite a few.  We're not at all pleased.

This season will be a true test for Littrell.   Is this a rebound of a few poor hires, and we get back to expectations HE HIMSELF set back in 2016-2018?   Or, is he really a 4-win/season coach that hoodwinked us in 2016-2018?

• Lovely Take 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/9/2021 at 9:09 AM, TheColonyEagle said:

"Oh man....I can't believe Littrell pulled this off this season and with the talent we have coming back next year...we're going to be in great shape. More than pleasantly surprised with the job Littrell did turning this around in 2021."

-Hopefully what I'm saying in January 2022

0a3f9b78-9ab1-4c54-947e-6db59b7ba1c7_tex

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1