RoadChickens New Digs

LongJim

This looks very standard for a locker room renovation. I hope when we do ours we can be a little more unique. Perhaps it would be cool to have something like a giant green chandelier made of emerald stones. 

Edited by Snowy
  • Lovely Take 1

We honestly have the worst locker rooms for a D1 program in the state of Texas, even SFA has a better locker room than us.  I know these types of things shouldn't matter to recruits, but to some they do and when we are noticeably worse than everybody else it can't do anything but hurt us.  Hopefully we have something planned in the near future..

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, UNT18Grad said:

We honestly have the worst locker rooms for a D1 program in the state of Texas, even SFA has a better locker room than us.  I know these types of things shouldn't matter to recruits, but to some they do and when we are noticeably worse than everybody else it can't do anything but hurt us.  Hopefully we have something planned in the near future..

I think I read on here or somewhere else that they were going to expand the athletic center and then address the lockers.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Lot of arms race copycatting going on.  Check out numerous new locker room videos among even P5 schools as the   giant logo in the ceiling is popular with most all of them. 

🦅

It makes sense.  If you look around the college athletics arena, it's largely run by a relative few.

For example, Learfield is behind the website of the majority  college athletics and conferences.  It's why they all look kinda the same.  (You can go to MGS.com, UTSA Athletics, and Alabama Athletics to see their name at on the sites).

...by extension, is it a huge leap to think there are only one or two (or very few) architectural firms specializing in college athletic facilities, and using the same thematic designs to accommodate similar needs from campus to campus?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I think I read on here or somewhere else that they were going to expand the athletic center and then address the lockers.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I believe you're right. I know I've seen plans recently that laid out a big expansion to the AD building that included a new weight room and locker room. 

• Upvote 2