Zing!

emmitt01

29 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Is there a college "brand" more over-hyped and over-valued than Texas? They remind me a lot of the Cowboys. Fans continue to watch and support no matter how crappy the product on the field.

As a Cowboys fan, I’ve always felt that was the best comparison. The product is the brand, not the football. 

I mean, they’ve done nothing of note but hire and fire coaches, and they have the most valuable brand in college sports. It’s nuts. 

Edited by Monkeypox
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

I'm sure tu is crying all the way to the bank.

Also, I'm not sure why the guvment is spending time on on this? by my last count, this effects one state-funded school? 

I think in some form, it affects all Texas universities. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:36 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Is there a college "brand" more over-hyped and over-valued than Texas? They remind me a lot of the Cowboys. Fans continue to watch and support no matter how crappy the product on the field.

I’m not being a UT defender, but the reality is that they were 7-3 with a 2 point loss, a 3 point loss, and an overtime loss.  I would hardly call that a crappy product.  Most schools would love that kind of season.  That being said, that type of season is probably not a very good return on their investment.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, NT93 said:

I’m not being a UT defender...return on their investment.

Yeah, I think--similar to UNT--that their AD hire has been pretty good for them.  They won the Learfield cup this year and a couple of national championships in other sports, but football drives the bus, and they have to get the money-maker back on track.

• Upvote 2