The Austin Buffaloes ?

greenjoe

24 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Did you see where the Buffalo Bills have mentioned moving to Austin among other possible destinations ?  The threat of a move is because the Bills are unhappy with their home stadium.  

The Tesas Longhorns have apparently met fire with fire as they have been in discussions contemplating a move to Buffalo, New York in an effort to make the SEC a more regional conference.  

if Buffalo moves and the Longhorns stay, Austin would be the smallest market in the US with two professional football teams.  

The Bills aren't moving here and there are several reasons:

1.) Buffalo doesn't want to lose them

2.) If they do leave, the NFL will almost certainly put them in Toronto for obvious reasons

3.) If they were to leave for a US city, I suspect it would be somewhere other than Texas, where the Cowboys and Texans want nothing to do with another franchise between them. And while the Texans are amongst the worst run pro franchises in America, Jerrah and the Cowboys aren't for when it comes to marketing and making money. He has more sway than just about anyone with the NFL and its locations.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

2.) If they do leave, the NFL will almost certainly put them in Toronto for obvious reasons

The NFL doesn't have a strong track record of stopping a franchise from relocating where it wants to go. The only recent success was sending the Seahawks back to Seattle when they tried to move to LA in 1996.

A Bills move to Austin would be possible but that would be insane when Toronto is so close and a great new market.

6 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

3.) If they were to leave for a US city, I suspect it would be somewhere other than Texas, where the Cowboys and Texans want nothing to do with another franchise between them. And while the Texans are amongst the worst run pro franchises in America, Jerrah and the Cowboys aren't for when it comes to marketing and making money. He has more sway than just about anyone with the NFL and its locations.

I don't think Jerry Jones would want them here. Mexico has a big fan base supporting the Cowboys. This was why New Orleans did not moved their team to SA some years back. Thank Jerry Jones.

Edited by Danish43

Texans and Cowboys will fight it but makes a lot of sense. 

NFL shares tv, merchandise and gate. They don’t share luxury suite income. Austin has lot of businesses able to afford luxury boxes and no competition except Austin FC for the people who aren’t into UT. Also plenty of rich bros happy to spend big for a party venue that is pretty exclusive. 

Austin is a city of newcomers. Texans who maybe like someone other than UT, people from Big 12 states and Arkansas who hate UT, people from other states who already have a team and don’t care for UT. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The Bills used to play an annual game in Toronto but dropped it because of poor attendance. I doubt Toronto or any other Canadian city would be a destination because of ligation from CFL. Plus, why is NFL playing games in London and not in Canada if they were looking north for expansion or relocation?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, wardly said:

The Bills used to play an annual game in Toronto but dropped it because of poor attendance. I doubt Toronto or any other Canadian city would be a destination because of ligation from CFL. Plus, why is NFL playing games in London and not in Canada if they were looking north for expansion or relocation?

I've been to Canada many times for vacation, and have never heard a Canadian say anything like "hey, we'd love to have NFL football replace Hockey Night in Canada". I have heard something like, "hey, get out of here before the next storm hits, so leave right now". That was in May, but wouldn't advise Canada after October for anyone who didn't just love the Texas weather for the week starting on Valentine's Day, 2021.

6 hours ago, eulessismore said:

I've been to Canada many times for vacation, and have never heard a Canadian say anything like "hey, we'd love to have NFL football replace Hockey Night in Canada". I have heard something like, "hey, get out of here before the next storm hits, so leave right now". That was in May, but wouldn't advise Canada after October for anyone who didn't just love the Texas weather for the week starting on Valentine's Day, 2021.

Few years ago wife and I flew to Boston spent a few days there (got to see the Predators open the season against the Bruins) then drove to Montreal and stayed in Old Town for a few days around Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving. Weather was great and leaves changing and all that. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2021 at 4:25 PM, Jonnyeagle said:

The Ticket just said Bills to Austin has wheels. 

Oh, “the Ticket” is  back to reporting sports instead of bathroom humor for 12 year old boys?   “A well’a bless’a my soul.” (Elvis) 

At any rate & on a totally different front, here’s a cool link about sayings  concerning sarcasm.  

https://www.quoteambition.com/sarcastic-quotes/

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1