Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

  • image.png

New Mean Green Concept Helmets


Recommended Posts


Save you the time of scrolling:

https://roughingthepasser.football/2021/03/13/north-texas-mean-green-concept-helmets/

 

Actually, save your time and don’t go to the site.  These are Terrrrrible.  The helmet template is bad in the beginning and it looks like they automated a process of finding school logos and slapping them on helmets.  C’mon, who would have a flying eagle on a helmet flying toward the back of the helmet?

  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:


Save you the time of scrolling:

https://roughingthepasser.football/2021/03/13/north-texas-mean-green-concept-helmets/

 

Actually, save your time and don’t go to the site.  These are Terrrrrible.  The helmet template is bad in the beginning and it looks like they automated a process of finding school logos and slapping them on helmets.  C’mon, who would have a flying eagle on a helmet flying toward the back of the helmet?

These concept helmet/uniforms articles really grind my gears. Maybe 1 out of 10 us usable. Pretty graphics =/= usable outfits. And most are just downright hideous enough for SMU to actually use

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:


Save you the time of scrolling:

https://roughingthepasser.football/2021/03/13/north-texas-mean-green-concept-helmets/

 

Actually, save your time and don’t go to the site.  These are Terrrrrible.  The helmet template is bad in the beginning and it looks like they automated a process of finding school logos and slapping them on helmets.  C’mon, who would have a flying eagle on a helmet flying toward the back of the helmet?

I don’t know, this one is kinda nice.  I love the use of blue and copper as school colors.  Thoughts @FirefightnRick?

 

E9E0CDC9-53A4-49AA-8732-FB23AC574B25.jpeg

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t know, this one is kinda nice.  I love the use of blue and copper as school colors.  Thoughts @FirefightnRick?

 

E9E0CDC9-53A4-49AA-8732-FB23AC574B25.jpeg

No interplay with the helmet shape and design. Wouldn't match anything on the uniform. Its the equivalent of a freshmens graphic design final.

Simple lines, flow into the helmet. Rich colors that compliment the uniform. Simpler is key, do too much and its just looks like too much

(As dictated by a director of financial operations whose only artistic background boasts a "help beat cancer" coloring contest at chili's, which may to this day still be posted on the conroe, TX chili's wall)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Udomann said:

No interplay with the helmet shape and design. Wouldn't match anything on the uniform. Its the equivalent of a freshmens graphic design final.

High School Freshman final, maybe. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a fan of the “N T” stick figure lettering helmet of a very successful 1960’s era.  I don’t  think today’s recruits would like that design. either. 

is there an NCAA football Top 10 unis list to work with for a UNT uniform? ••• Seems Oregon U’s FB unis gets  lots of coverage & attention in sports media. 

SOW looks good on chrome, black & maybe  silver (or gray)?   Gray pants & jerseys with black trimming & Apple green striping might be worth a nice photo-shop try? 

Please, nothing like the Philadelphia Eagles used to do with their unis’.

2282529D-DE9F-47A2-982D-DA576D02CF74.jpeg.daf0eef6aa9a8cd54fb797f96f076216.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time people complain about someone calling us by the wrong name or not knowing much about us I think of how many times we have changed designs and the many variations of helmets. PICK SOMETHING AND STAY WITH IT. Maybe have an alternate for special occasions but stop with the changes.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gross.

Now here is an idea that I love. Yes it’s script, something we wanted to get away for a few years, but it’s so nice

Give me Green, white, and maybe black and I’m set. Tired of the NT interlocking logo, so if we want something new, here’s an idea. Even have one say North Texas the other day Mean Green.

 

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Every time people complain about someone calling us by the wrong name or not knowing much about us I think of how many times we have changed designs and the many variations of helmets. PICK SOMETHING AND STAY WITH IT. Maybe have an alternate for special occasions but stop with the changes.

I’ve been of this opinion for years.  Good, bad, or indifferent, stick with the SOW so that when people see it, they know it’s UNT.  I’m not opposed to the “wings” look that is commonplace now, but I prefer the SOW because that’s what should identify us.

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



  • Tell a friend

    Love GoMeanGreen.com? Tell a friend!
  • What's going on Mean Green?

    1. 34

      Please stop blaming Wren Baker

    2. 34

      Please stop blaming Wren Baker

    3. 34

      Please stop blaming Wren Baker

    4. 0

      Graham Harrell

  • Popular Contributors

  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      14,816
    • Most Online
      1,865

    Newest Member
    paboleo
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.