New Mean Green Concept Helmets

paulruff

Save you the time of scrolling:

https://roughingthepasser.football/2021/03/13/north-texas-mean-green-concept-helmets/

Actually, save your time and don’t go to the site.  These are Terrrrrible.  The helmet template is bad in the beginning and it looks like they automated a process of finding school logos and slapping them on helmets.  C’mon, who would have a flying eagle on a helmet flying toward the back of the helmet?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

https://roughingthepasser.football/2021/03/13/north-texas-mean-green-concept-helmets/

Actually, save your time and don’t go to the site.  These are Terrrrrible.  The helmet template is bad in the beginning and it looks like they automated a process of finding school logos and slapping them on helmets.  C’mon, who would have a flying eagle on a helmet flying toward the back of the helmet?

These concept helmet/uniforms articles really grind my gears. Maybe 1 out of 10 us usable. Pretty graphics =/= usable outfits. And most are just downright hideous enough for SMU to actually use

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

25 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I don’t know, this one is kinda nice.  I love the use of blue and copper as school colors.  Thoughts @FirefightnRick?

E9E0CDC9-53A4-49AA-8732-FB23AC574B25.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t know, this one is kinda nice.  I love the use of blue and copper as school colors.  Thoughts @FirefightnRick?

E9E0CDC9-53A4-49AA-8732-FB23AC574B25.jpeg

No interplay with the helmet shape and design. Wouldn't match anything on the uniform. Its the equivalent of a freshmens graphic design final.

Simple lines, flow into the helmet. Rich colors that compliment the uniform. Simpler is key, do too much and its just looks like too much

(As dictated by a director of financial operations whose only artistic background boasts a "help beat cancer" coloring contest at chili's, which may to this day still be posted on the conroe, TX chili's wall)

• Upvote 1

Not a fan of the “N T” stick figure lettering helmet of a very successful 1960’s era.  I don’t  think today’s recruits would like that design. either. 

is there an NCAA football Top 10 unis list to work with for a UNT uniform? ••• Seems Oregon U’s FB unis gets  lots of coverage & attention in sports media. 

SOW looks good on chrome, black & maybe  silver (or gray)?   Gray pants & jerseys with black trimming & Apple green striping might be worth a nice photo-shop try? 

Please, nothing like the Philadelphia Eagles used to do with their unis’.

2282529D-DE9F-47A2-982D-DA576D02CF74.jpeg.daf0eef6aa9a8cd54fb797f96f076216.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Every time people complain about someone calling us by the wrong name or not knowing much about us I think of how many times we have changed designs and the many variations of helmets. PICK SOMETHING AND STAY WITH IT. Maybe have an alternate for special occasions but stop with the changes.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

Gross.

Now here is an idea that I love. Yes it’s script, something we wanted to get away for a few years, but it’s so nice

Give me Green, white, and maybe black and I’m set. Tired of the NT interlocking logo, so if we want something new, here’s an idea. Even have one say North Texas the other day Mean Green.

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Every time people complain about someone calling us by the wrong name or not knowing much about us I think of how many times we have changed designs and the many variations of helmets. PICK SOMETHING AND STAY WITH IT. Maybe have an alternate for special occasions but stop with the changes.

I’ve been of this opinion for years.  Good, bad, or indifferent, stick with the SOW so that when people see it, they know it’s UNT.  I’m not opposed to the “wings” look that is commonplace now, but I prefer the SOW because that’s what should identify us.

• Upvote 4