NIL question on scholarships

MeanGreen_MBA

I have a question regarding NIL. Now that student athletes can generate income via NIL, are scholarships really necessary anymore?  

We have the MGSF. Do we need to donate to that anymore to support scholarships?

I know I will get jumped on from those saying most athletes, and practically all UNT athletes will not get lucrative NIL deals. Maybe they should try harder. Athletes pushed for NIL, not for just a few, but all. How about, if you sign with any NIL opportunity, you go off scholarship. If you do not go the NIL way, you are eligible for scholarship. 

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Yes! The NCAA needs to be allowed to go back to violating antitrust laws. Can’t imagine enjoying college sports again knowing these kids get scholarships and FTC protection.

Isn’t what’s happening in the NCAA a microcosm of America today?  In what seems to me a self-destructive NCAA rules committee whose  leadership qualifications may be as questionable as the jackasses in the U.S. government who are running America today—both sides of the aisle.  
As in most things you’d find in a society run by greed—just follow the money trail & see where & to whom it leads.  
(Dammit!  Sorry! Let’s just play some football)!😆

🦅❇️🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Evaluate each athlete's income from his or her NIL income and subtract that figure from the scholarship amount....if they make more money than the scholarship figure,  no scholarship money from the university.  They would not qualify for NIL if it was not for being an athlete at the university.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1