Jason Bean the favorite to start at KU

meangreen11

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

What's bad is those same folks will overlook his on-field play, which was decent, just to zero in on his sideline demeanor after being benched, like they wouldn't be pissed about it too.    The kid's a competitor.

Unfortunately for him, QB is the main position where your demeanor on, and off the field makes a difference. You cannot only want to be the team's leader if your on the field. I hope he does well, but his speed will not be as big of an advantage against P5 talent week after week.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Unfortunately for him, QB is the main position where your demeanor on, and off the field makes a difference. You cannot only want to be the team's leader if your on the field. I hope he does well, but his speed will not be as big of an advantage against P5 talent week after week.

How would you describe his demeanor on 10/17/20 when he was on the sideline watching the starter lead his team to a certain blowout loss (3 turnovers out of 4 possessions) to a horrid MTSU team, only to be thrown into the game in the 2nd quarter down 14, rally his troops, put 5 TDs on the board, and lead the team to a resounding 52-35 win?  I'd say he demonstrated pretty good leadership there.

I hope his speed is an advantage against P5 talent.   We'll see.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He looks so happy makes my heart melt to see him find a happy place to be! 💓 Life is too short,  and he clearly was not happy here.  Glad for him.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, greengal said:

He looks so happy makes my heart melt to see him find a happy place to be! 💓 Life is too short,  and he clearly was not happy here.  Glad for him.

let's tap the breaks a little bit on this and see how he acts when he ain't getting his way.  KU football isn't exactly gonna be plowing through people, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're down 30 in some of their games and coaches try someone different behind center.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 4