Jason Bean the favorite to start at KU

meangreen11

Finally, we have the junior transfer from North Texas, Jason Bean. Even though he doesn’t have any experience with Kansas football, he appears to be the one in the quarterback’s room with the most college football experience.

Last year with North Texas, Bean threw for 1131 yards off 79 completions, 14 touchdowns, and five interceptions in eight games.

Leipold spoke about Bean at media days as well, stating, “Jason Bean is new and he’s learning his teammates and what it’s about. He’s got length. He runs well.”

If you’re looking at the numbers, it appears Bean could be the favorite to take the starting spot on Week 1.

read more:  https://throughthephog.com/2021/07/29/kansas-football-who-win-starting-qb-job/

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

Clickbait thread title. 

It says he would be the favorite if you solely looked at stats produced in college football to this point.  KU has two QBs who have started games at KU, I know they have a new coaching staff and it's not like those two produced great results but to me he is looking like the favorite for 3rd string with potential to fight his way up the depth chart.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Jason Bean is INCREDIBLE when he is standing outside the pocket with no one in front of him and he can take off and run. Not many Olympic sprinters could catch him.

Any other situation, MEH.

He couldn’t win the starting job in high school or at North Texas. Why should we think he will win it at Kansas? 

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

These posts. again and again.   We have tons of formers coaches and players.  If an update on one doesn't interest you, is it that  hard to simply not chime in? Even if you don't like how he left?

We're all obviously fine with the Darden udpates, even though we don't follow Tampa and this is a North Texas board.

Put me down for more Bean updates.  I'm alright with hearing how the dude is doing.

Yep, one graduated as a future Hall of Famer and the other....

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 7/30/2021 at 7:50 PM, MeanGreenZen said:

Jason Bean is INCREDIBLE when he is standing outside the pocket with no one in front of him and he can take off and run. Not many Olympic sprinters could catch him.

He couldn’t win the starting job in high school or at North Texas. Why should we think he will win it at Kansas? 

Because NT and his high school were better than Kansas?

He also started more games than any other qb at NT last year.

It is popular here to put down players who left like Bean and Stiggers, however both of these players were IMO big loses.  

If Bean ever puts it all together, he could be something special.  His kind of speed is very rare. 

Stiggers was the best rb on the team.   Before someone states Stiggers was third team or such, look at the stats; he started every game he was healthy.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Ummm he was the starter at the beginning of last season…and Littrell kept trying to put him in until he realized he just couldn’t.

It takes some SERIOUS revisionist history to think Aune was the clear favorite of the coaches prior to Bean’s struggles.

And I love how we pretend that turnovers were the exclusive domain of one quarterback last season

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 7:50 PM, MeanGreenZen said:

Lol. So he’s really good when there is no defense in front of him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

After the disaster of what was the Les Miles experience, the Jayhawks turned to Lance Leipold who is known for uplifting struggling programs. During his time at D-III school Wisconsin-Whitewater, he won a total of six championships. He also had great success at the University of Buffalo. The Jayhawks only averaged a little over 15 points per game last season, and were horrible on the offensive line. There have been reports out of Lawrence that the new strength program there has players making fantastic transformations, and looking much stronger. They also landed North Texas transfer Jason Bean, who is an elite dual-threat, who threw for 14 touchdowns in the seven games he started. I think it will be a new and improved program, that will no longer be the punching bag of the Big 12. I can see them stealing three wins in Big 12 play, which would be the first time they have had more than one since 2008. With the new coach and culture, it will be a refreshed program that will take a much needed positive step in the right direction.

read more:  https://sports.yahoo.com/big-12-football-five-bold-185718362.html

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Jason Bean transferred in and arrived this summer from North Texas. Last year he was in the middle of a heated battle with Austin Aune, who went back to football after playing baseball in the Yankees organization. Bean likes how all three quarterbacks have handled the competition.

“I'm really excited, first of all, just to be in this position,” Bean said. “Those two guys are great guys. Each day I can learn something from them, and I can go up to them and ask questions. There's any hostility between the three of us. I think this is probably one of the best quarterback positions I've been in.”

Miles Kendrick on Daniels and Bean

“I'd say Jason and Jaylen bring similar things to the table: explosiveness with their legs, explosiveness with their arms, and being able just to create plays, make big plays, make big throws. They can make any throw on the field, on the run, in the pocket, getting outside, creating with their legs, making explosive plays with their legs, and influencing offense in that way. Very similar games, and they can do it all, man. Those guys are great quarterback and great competitors.”

Jalon Daniels on  Bean

“Jason is a ballplayer. He came in and I've just been able to learn and grow from him. He's a very fast guy, has the arm talent to make every single throw that he wants.

Link:  https://kansas.rivals.com/news/quarterbacks-break-down-each-other-s-game

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Jason Bean transferred in and arrived this summer from North Texas. Last year he was in the middle of a heated battle with Austin Aune, who went back to football after playing baseball in the Yankees organization. Bean likes how all three quarterbacks have handled the competition.

“I'm really excited, first of all, just to be in this position,” Bean said. “Those two guys are great guys. Each day I can learn something from them, and I can go up to them and ask questions. There's any hostility between the three of us. I think this is probably one of the best quarterback positions I've been in.”

Miles Kendrick on Daniels and Bean

“I'd say Jason and Jaylen bring similar things to the table: explosiveness with their legs, explosiveness with their arms, and being able just to create plays, make big plays, make big throws. They can make any throw on the field, on the run, in the pocket, getting outside, creating with their legs, making explosive plays with their legs, and influencing offense in that way. Very similar games, and they can do it all, man. Those guys are great quarterback and great competitors.”

Jalon Daniels on  Bean

“Jason is a ballplayer. He came in and I've just been able to learn and grow from him. He's a very fast guy, has the arm talent to make every single throw that he wants.

Link:  https://kansas.rivals.com/news/quarterbacks-break-down-each-other-s-game

Bean has the Arm Talent to make every throw? Are these coaches blind at KU or what?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1