Missouri’s Top 8 To Be Their New AD (with a nice pic of Mason & Wren)

12 hours ago, akriesman said:

From the St Lous Post Dispatch yesterday.   If true, the odds are good that Wren stays here.

"University president Mun Choi and the committee are putting a high priority on finding  a sitting Power 5 athletics director who has spent time at an SEC institution, sources have confirmed in recent days. That doesn’t mean MU would rule out ADs at current Group of 5 schools, but university leadership wants to land someone with experience at a major program, preferably in the SEC. That means we can probably eliminate industry outsiders, like Jon Sundvold or Mike Owens, who had surfaced as candidates in past AD searches. (The last time Mizzou hired a sitting AD from a school that’s currently in a power conference? Not since 1978, when Dave Hart came to MU from Louisville, then an independent. )"

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/can-mizzou-land-a-sitting-power-5-ad/article_9882d7db-6b3e-5776-998e-911bd893bc77.html

If they are this short sided and don’t want to take an AD from the “lowly G5” then honestly Wren is dodging a major bullet by not going there. They would be lucky to hire a Wren Baker

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

Why do we post that Wren is in Mo's top eight based on a newspaper article were a reporter is apparently opineing on AD possibilities?

I am sure with his prior relationship with Missouri, they are aware of him but he does not seem to fit many of their stated priorities.   

I just hope they hire that idea candidate they are searching for.  

13 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Honestly, if Wren was willing to go there, I think Mizzou made a huge mistake.

No complaints here, though.

bank-error-in-your-favor.png

Strange choice, checks a lot of politically correct boxes, but certainly not SEC experience or even a very good record of winning. 

Will be interesting to watch how she does.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

I learned something from the supposed KState wanted Littrell event and the disaster he has been here since that happened....

I will NEVER get worried about a coach or AD going to a bigger school again and I will certainly not expect the leadership to try to pony up more and more money to fend off the bigger school unless this coach has us at a national championship level. If Littrell or McCasland or Baker get an opportunity to move up to a bigger school/conference I say go. Don't get into a bidding war. I will always see this as an opportunity to better ourselves. A FB coach has back to back 9 win seasons and a P5 team wants him? Great....we'll get someone in here to get us to 11 wins.

The infrastructure at UNT (facilities, funding, location) is outstanding and a real advantage in recruiting coaching talent. No more worrying about losing someone to a bigger school. Go and good luck and thank you for what you did here. We will use what we have here and get something better and keep moving the program.

Wren Baker has done a great job here. And if he stays, great. But he's not the only one that could do what he did here. There are LOADS of folks across the nation that could do that and perhaps even do better. I think of this as an interesting opportunity to take the next step. 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

43 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I learned something from the supposed KState wanted Littrell event and the disaster he has been here since that happened....

I will NEVER get worried about a coach or AD going to a bigger school again and I will certainly not expect the leadership to try to pony up more and more money to fend off the bigger school unless this coach has us at a national championship level. ...

I learned that same lesson.   It was weird, because we'd never been in that kind of situation before.  At least, not during my time of following NT.  But here we are, looking strongly like we wound up on the wrong side of it.
tenor.gif?itemid=8448258

• Upvote 3