What now?

untjim1995

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. This scenario hasn't started yet. I've seen all the projected conference re-alignments and some of those universities ain't gonna make it. Why???? MONEY. They don't have the financial resources that IMO NT does or can exploit. This is far from over!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. This scenario hasn't started yet. I've seen all the projected conference re-alignments and some of those universities ain't gonna make it. Why???? MONEY. They don't have the financial resources that IMO NT does or can exploit. This is far from over!

That's some serious opium you're inhaling.

You're going to be very disappointed when Jim's prediction comes true.

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6

• Harry featured and unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, Cougar King said:

I know Houston is just wonderful...so much money and BS. To be frank if I'm smoking opium or whatever that sh_t your smoking must be a hell of alot better...lol.

Yea..we will see. Let me know if you need Kleenex when this all pans out.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

50 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

IF we ever needed some big wins now is the time.

So if we beat Mizzou and SMU, Will the AAC or MWC pick us?

The time to win and get into a better conference passed us by decades ago. 

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Get those Jabs in while you can big boy. Houston is perilously close to being a has been. 2 more years of Dana and you'll be right down in the dumps with us. We can brush each others hair, do our nails together...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

We need to ask ourselves what does UNT football bring to the party. It's not the DFW media market, attendance, or on field success. While SMU doesn't get the attendance, they do get more media coverage and have recently become successful on the field. It just appears to me that we are stuck in CUSA/Sun Belt land with no way out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

We need to ask ourselves what does UNT football bring to the party. It's not the DFW media market, attendance, or on field success. While SMU doesn't get the attendance, they do get more media coverage and have recently become successful on the field. It just appears to me that we are stuck in CUSA/Sun Belt land with no way out.

Yes but we are also trending upward.  Just had the 10 year anniversary of Apogee's construction.  The indoor facility for basketball and now football  were just in the past 3-4 years.  We moved up conferences several times.   Our coaching salaries and AD budget is solid for a G5.   The basketball team won their first NCAA tourney match.  We have good academics and a good location (DFW).  So if you are being fair, you look at not just the entire history but how things are trending and you see very good things have been happening here recently.  Our only downside is we have had issues with hiring good football coaches. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1