Replacing recruiting star rankings

untcampbell

I don't have original thoughts so this may be discussed already:

The shift CFB is about embarking on will change how recruits will be ranked, from stars to Ks. Recruits will be assessed by their projected star power. A 1K player would be capable of generating 1000/season in self-marketing, 375K projects to 375000/season, etc. Athlete value will be assessed each year they play.

P5 schools will be the equivalent of Big Leagues and sign high potential players because the projection is based on a connection to a highly visible football program. G5s will be the equivalent of the minor leagues, and sign players that fall to them. Those players are working hard to get to the Bigs. The transfer portal will be the place where minor leaguers will go to maximize their projected value after their minor league stint, and some will move up to the Pros. It will also be the portal Pro teams will use to "encourage" Pros that have lost enough value to go get the best deal they can elsewhere.

The NIL rights change was the likely trigger that sent OU and UT out looking to associate itself with the Pro-est of Pro conferences so they can recruit the players that will have the highest Kvalue.

GMG

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

The shift CFB is about embarking on will change how recruits will be ranked, from stars to Ks. Recruits will be assessed by their projected star power. A 1K player would be capable of generating 1000/season in self-marketing, 375K projects to 375000/season, etc. Athlete value will be assessed each year they play.

P5 schools will be the equivalent of Big Leagues and sign high potential players because the projection is based on a connection to a highly visible football program. G5s will be the equivalent of the minor leagues, and sign players that fall to them. Those players are working hard to get to the Bigs. The transfer portal will be the place where minor leaguers will go to maximize their projected value after their minor league stint, and some will move up to the Pros. It will also be the portal Pro teams will use to "encourage" Pros that have lost enough value to go get the best deal they can elsewhere.

The NIL rights change was the likely trigger that sent OU and UT out looking to associate itself with the Pro-est of Pro conferences so they can recruit the players that will have the highest Kvalue.

GMG

Great analysis and I agree.  The only factor they need to keep a handle on is the $ value of the underdog.  The NCAA hoops tourney gets that by allowing so many smaller programs a chance at success on a national stage.  I think to a certain extent that the expanded playoff to 12 teams will also help the little guy so that is a good thing.  If what you project comes true it starts to look like a profession league and I am not sure that is in the best interest of college football fans across the country.  What I mean is, if the SEC becomes the darling, the dominant force it will drive down interest on the west coast and in other G5 conferences who may not have as much money but still add to the fabric of college football and its history.

1 hour ago, untcampbell said:

GMG

I could see this. And it grosses me out. 

• Upvote 5