CUSA East schools looking to break away

GreenFlag

It’s even possible there could be realignment at the FBS level, as two industry sources told Extra Points that some schools from Conference USA had expressed interest in splitting and forming a more geographically concentrated league, similar to what happened with the Mountain West and WAC. 

Interesting.  I pulled the above from the article.

Haven’t most in these parts been saying the same about CUSA East almost from the beginning?  When G5’s have little in common to not even want to play each other that says it all.  What times we live. 
🦅North Texas:  Just keep growing & keep building!  That will pay off in time, but leave the past behind.  We have little to learn from all that which will help us in today’s & the future NCAA.

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

No one is happy with CUSA. That falls on its leadership. 

Schools deserve some blame as well tho.  They haven’t given much for the conference to work with.  There hasn’t been a team like Houston who almost made it into the money bowls way back when since the new group formed.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Look for the schools from CUSA and the Belt to regionalize. Then draw straws to see who gets stuck with Judy

Boot her out! Serioulsy, what has she done to advance the conference in any way?

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Time for a new SWC.

One giant, unlikely leap:

This new "Super" group - P5/Conference/whatever - is actually smaller than what people anticipate.  Some of the current P5s get booted out.  A variation of the old SWC - minus OU/UT/A&M - is reformed and somehow includes us (plus Arkie, SMU, Houston, Tulsa, TTech, etc)

That might be pretty cool.  One out of 14,000,605 timelines, but hey! one can choose to think optimistically in these times.

e4glpqmuh3v21.gif

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

This new "Super" group - P5/Conference/whatever - is actually smaller than what people anticipate.  Some of the current P5s get booted out.  A variation of the old SWC - minus OU/UT/A&M - is reformed and somehow includes us (plus Arkie, SMU, Houston, Tulsa, TTech, etc)

I think Arkansas stays or is put into the new super group. They might suck at football, but they have a lot of money, and bring a lot of viewership. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, greenminer said:

That might be pretty cool.  One out of 14,000,605 timelines, but hey! one can choose to think optimistically in these times.

e4glpqmuh3v21.gif

My pick for a new SWC would be (assuming Tech, Baylor and TCU stay in the B12)

North Texas, UTEP, UTSA, Rice, La Tech, S. Miss, LaLa, UAB, Ark. St (plus, one or two others that make geographic sense). Not sure any schools in the AAC would defect, but who knows? Tulsa maybe?

23 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

North Texas, UTEP, UTSA, Rice, La Tech, S. Miss, LaLa, UAB, Ark. St (plus, one or two others that make geographic sense). Not sure any schools in the AAC would defect, but who knows? Tulsa maybe?

Only one (Rice) is a former SWC.  That's not a new variation of the SWC.  That's a new conference with one former SWC school lol

58 minutes ago, Monkeypox said:

I think Arkansas stays or is put into the new super group. They might suck at football, but they have a lot of money, and bring a lot of viewership. 

yeah, I think Arkansas will be included too.

Edited by greenminer

13 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Only one (Rice) is a former SWC.  That's not a new variation of the SWC.  That's a new conference with one former SWC school lol

yeah, I think Arkansas will be included too.

I just mean "new SWC" by name only. Pick any name you like.

50 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I would like to see Air Force and Colorado State along with the boring private schools of Tulsa and Tulane. These maneuvers take a dynamic and charismatic commissioner….soooo yeah. 🥲

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I would like to see Air Force and Colorado State along with the boring private schools of Tulsa and Tulane. These maneuvers take a dynamic and charismatic commissioner….soooo yeah. 🥲

I've seen Colorado State thrown out there in several scenarios and I can't figure out why. They have a nice new stadium but everything else about them is mid-tier MWC.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

I think you’ll see Marshall, So. Miss, and UAB move out of CUSA.  Where, I don’t know.   But they consider themselves elite programs and deserve better than CUSA.  And would try hard to get La Tech in their club.