It’s Official…TU and OU leaving the Big 12

Texas officials formally notified the Big 12 Conference on Monday the school does not wish to extend its grant of television rights beyond the 2024-25 athletic year, the school said in joint statement with Oklahoma.

“Providing notice to the Big 12 at this point is important in advance of the expiration of the conference’s current media rights agreement,” UT said in a statement. “The universities intend to honor their existing grant of rights agreements. However, both universities will continue to monitor the rapidly evolving collegiate athletics landscape as they consider how best to position their athletics programs for the future.”

Go Mean Green!

Edited by TCC Mean Green
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I live in SEC country and have a son at UF. I keep seeing SEC fans saying that Texas will have to get used to losing in the conference, and though I wish it was true I don't foresee it.

UT will be able to combine "come play for Texas" with "come play in the SEC". That will make them an SEC power.

But if I'm wrong I may have to go to Gainesville to see that in person.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I love how UT criticized A&M for leaving the Big XII for the SEC years ago and claiming failure on the Aggies.  Now the Aggies consistently finish higher ranked and are probably a more attractive program to recruits than UT, but their fans will never admit they are following A&M.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I love how UT criticized A&M for leaving the Big XII for the SEC years ago and claiming failure on the Aggies.  Now the Aggies consistently finish higher ranked and are probably a more attractive program to recruits than UT, but their fans will never admit they are following A&M.  

I don’t think there is a more hated program in the country than Texas right now