For 2021 realignment simplicity let's look at it this way

meangreen11

57 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

I saw this conference idea from a Tweet.  I would add La Tech as the extra.

American South-West Conference
- UTSA
- BAYLOR
- HOUSTON
- UNT
- SMU
- OSU
- TCU
- Texas Tech
- K-State
- Tulsa
- Extra??

This would be a fun, regionally-aligned conference.

Unfortunately, things would really need to fall apart before it would ever be considered by the more historically successful football schools on that list.

Fortunately, it looks like things might fall apart faster and harder than any of us anticipated.

Here's to hoping!

• Upvote 3

On 7/26/2021 at 1:03 AM, GrayEagle said:

Wow!  A 20-team league stretching from Lubbock to Ames IA to Philadelphia to Greenville NC to Memphis TN to Houston to Lubbock.

The power schools don’t give a crap about travel costs so yeah….travel costs are only a lower tier problem.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

- UTSA
- BAYLOR
- HOUSTON
- UNT
- SMU
- OSU
- TCU
- Texas Tech
- K-State
- Tulsa
- Extra??

The only way this would come to be is if the PAC12 doesn’t go for any of the Texas schools. New leadership within the PAC12 is giving the indication that they will. My question does North Texas benefit more from the BIG12 breaking up or staying together? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

The only way this would come to be is if the PAC12 doesn’t go for any of the Texas schools. New leadership within the PAC12 is giving the indication that they will. My question does North Texas benefit more from the BIG12 breaking up or staying together? 

Probably breaking up—the PAC12 won't go for UNT or a TX AAC team just to get into Texas.

• Upvote 1

I am amused that someone referred to church schools.  How long has it been since Sourhern Methodist and Texas Christian have used their real name?  They hide behind The names SMU and TCU so as not to upset anyone by their Christian roots.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, drex said:

I am amused that someone referred to church schools.  How long has it been since Sourhern Methodist and Texas Christian have used their real name?  They hide behind The names SMU and TCU so as not to upset anyone by their Christian roots.

It's on the sign... Truth be told, I know a bit of history about the name. Pretty much everything they wanted was already taken (university of Dallas?). And they got stuck with an acronym right away that the first president hated.

More to your point, however, smu is trying to divorce the Methodist church, so possiblity not a church school for long. 

image.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue Horse said:

It's on the sign... Truth be told, I know a bit of history about the name. Pretty much everything they wanted was already taken (university of Dallas?). And they got stuck with an acronym right away that the first president hated.

More to your point, however, smu is trying to divorce the Methodist church, so possiblity not a church school for long. 

image.png

Divorce from the Methodist Church?  Rename it Southern University???  Now that should go over well.

• Haha 1

I guess I am one of the few that actually enjoys CUSA-West. I'd like to add a couple, possibly Arkansas State, Louisiana, and Texas State whenever Larry Teis dies, but I enjoy playing our current rivals.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On 7/29/2021 at 3:01 PM, DeepGreen said:

- UTSA
- BAYLOR
- HOUSTON
- UNT
- SMU
- OSU
- TCU
- Texas Tech
- K-State
- Tulsa
- Extra??

Edited by GrayEagle
Duplicate

On 7/30/2021 at 2:01 AM, DeepGreen said:

- UTSA
- BAYLOR
- HOUSTON
- UNT
- SMU
- OSU
- TCU
- Texas Tech
- K-State
- Tulsa
- Extra??

+ Tulane and Kansas 

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:52 PM, Blue Horse said:

image.png

Change the name to Southern Misdemeanor University to lessen the branding impact post-divorce. 

17 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I'd take Louisiana instead of Tulsa.  They have a larger stadium and are on a roll.  Billy Napier has turned out to be an excellent coach. 

I totally agree with that idea. LaLa is not only on a roll, they have one of the best game day atmospheres that I ever experienced while we were still in the SunBelt.  Those people know how to party! And as FFR and I found out, they INSIST that you join them.......😉