TCU to PAC 12 ?

greenjoe

20 minutes ago, TheRiojas_AD said:

VERY large following. Believe it or not the majority of students at TCU are not from Texas. They are overwhelmingly Californians. 

II don’t believe that. Your working with a very small undergraduate enrollment at TCU as it is.  

Most TCU alums I know are doing pretty good in Texas & wouldn’t the ones who’ve been in California be coming back here now (or soon will be)? California is a shit hole financially run by a bunch of Marxists who can’t run their own families.   See their results thus far? It will get worse. Let them experience all of it & see but...If what your saying were true then getting in the PAC12 would be a piece of cake for the Froggies. (Not going to happen). 

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Confused 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

But it means others think it might. Have you heard much about UNT's potential lately outside this board?

No. I come here for my daily green pill prescription. I cast aside reality and dare to dream a green dream. 🥲

B5D659F9-E464-47A9-8167-7E62CADA12F7.jpeg

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

II don’t believe that. Your working with a very small undergraduate enrollment at TCU as it is.  

Most TCU alums I know are doing pretty good in Texas & wouldn’t the ones who’ve been in California be coming back here now (or soon will be)? California is a shit hole financially run by a bunch of Marxists who can’t run their own families.   See their results thus far? It will get worse. Let them experience all of it & see but...If what your saying were true then getting in the PAC12 would be a piece of cake for the Froggies. (Not going to happen). 

🦅

Well you're welcome to believe what you wish. Really it has little to do with how UNT fares, but as a TCU alum, and someone who worked for TCU for 4 years I do know the institution has created a model that makes it a "destination" type school for the east and west coast elites. They are popular there, and the fanbase (Just like Texas, Tech, etc.) is made up of much more than just alumni. That's proven itself to be true when you see how well they travel.

• Upvote 2

On 7/25/2021 at 9:38 AM, Mike Jackson said:

No, except on paper to collectively negotiate media rights packages and bowl tie in packages.  The “little guys” need to stop stabbing each other in the back and throwing up their skirts every time a blue blood flirts with them using sexy lines like “we will tolerate your existence on the field with us or even as a conference whipping boy”.   SMU, TCU, UNT, Houston, and Rice should have been a conference together when the SWC dissolved.  Those 4 together could have added teams like, UTEP, Tulsa, Tulane, Arkansas State, La Tech, UAB, Troy and Southern Miss.   The goal is that you want be able to pitch media rights packages with the selling point of having interest (albeit secondary)  in medium to large cities throughout Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.  Maybe if the conference  efficient and effective even Texas Tech would have come on board this round when the Big 12 dies. 

Geographically Sun Belt and CUSA East teams are in a different boat.  Just like schools in the state of Texas anchors that’s conference I proposed in the previous paragraph, schools in Florida and Georgia should anchor their new conference Sun Belt, CUSA, and AAC refugees.   ECU, ODU, FAU, MTSU, Western Kentucky, Charlotte, Georgia State, Georgia Southern, App-State, Cincinnati, Memphis, UCF, USF, FAU, FIU.  That is a 15 team conference already.  I don’t know what you do with Temple and UConn.  Any conference East of the Mississippi would gladly take their basketball programs but their football 🤷🏽‍♂️.  Would this new 16 team football conference just  begrudgingly take Temple in all sports and tell UConn all their programs are welcomed except football?   Temple, UConn and Cincinnati make more sense in a 16 team MAC.  (Memphis would need to go with them to make it 16 and that make that Florida/Georgia anchored conference 14 which is perfect)

AAC, CUSA, Sun Belt need to have a summit to figure this out and the schools need to approach the whole thing like they are equals.  We are stronger together.

Unless the AAC is poached by the remaining 6 or 8 Big 12 teams I see no reason for them to work with either the Belt or CUSA. I don't know what a merger between CUSA and the Belt really gets UNT except Arkansas State , Texas State, La. Monroe and ULL. The Western Division of CUSA is the worst of the worst and probably holds little attraction to the Belt, which seems to be doing pretty well on their own. Both ULL and Coastal Carolina were in top 25 in some pre -season football polls , and App State is always very good. Neither conference gets any TV money to speak of, so unless you can both significantly increase gate revenues and reduce travel expenses what's the point?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, wardly said:

Unless the AAC is poached by the remaining 6 or 8 Big 12 teams I see no reason for them to work with either the Belt or CUSA. I don't know what a merger between CUSA and the Belt really gets UNT except Arkansas State , Texas State, La. Monroe and ULL. The Western Division of CUSA is the worst of the worst and probably holds little attraction to the Belt, which seems to be doing pretty well on their own. Both ULL and Coastal Carolina were in top 25 in some pre -season football polls , and App State is always very good. Neither conference gets any TV money to speak of, so unless you can both significantly increase gate revenues and reduce travel expenses what's the point?

You post makes sense except for referencing preseason polls.  Preseason polls don’t generate long term revenue.  None of the teams in these conferences can present decade plus run being ranked in the top 25 at the end of the season.  But you nailed one of the points; reducing cost.  And hopefully with more regional games you get higher gates.  Just looking at UNT gate numbers they are always higher for CUSA west games and SMU.  The AAC (I think you have them confused with the ACC which features teams like Clemson, Virginia Tech, North Carolina).   Cincinnati is an ACC team but that conference most vunlerable to get raided after the 8 remaining Big 12 schools sign their next TV contract.  The entire G5 needs to get together and map out cooperative plan for their collective survival.  If the NFL operated this cut throat way the Packers, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Buffalo Bills would not exist and the Browns may not have come back.

• Upvote 1