Two Questions for an OU and Texas move

1- I'm sure they would. SEC Network with Texas/OU is going to bring them more money than the LHN. Also, there was some talk over the last few years about coaches feeling like the LHN responsibilities were a distraction.

2- A&M won't be able to block Texas. My guess is they'll actually vote for Texas in the end. They'll keep looking like they're scared if they vote against Texas. If I was Texas, that would be a huge talking point during recruiting.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

Did OU/UT just get up and say, "We're going to the SEC?" and it worked?

I thought the SEC would need to extend an invite.

Can we just get up and say, "We're going to the BXII?"

The SEC may have “invited” them over a year ago.  Or maybe they’d both been told long ago, “If you ever want to leave the Big 12, let us know.”   Whatever the case, this was a very well kept secret.  When the news broke we all thought it was just a crazy rumor, but it was already a done deal by the time it was leaked. 

• Upvote 2