OSU’s best option may be C-USA

meangreen11

3. Relegation

Likelihood: 3.5

This might be OSU’s best option if the Pac-12, ACC or Big Ten don’t welcome its advances. It’s not a great option. It’s a terrible one, actually. But landing in C-USA or the American Athletic Conference at this point could be realistic. Finding any security seems like a better option than staying in none. Maybe some other Big 12 teams move as well to strengthen those leagues’ appearance overall. But doing so would be a significant blow to the athletic programs, to recruiting, and most importantly, financially.

read more:  https://pistolsfiringblog.com/three-most-likely-options-for-osu-if-texas-ou-bolt-for-sec/

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

34 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I would honestly recommend you start preparing yourself for nothing good coming of this for us. 

I wish I could give you about a thousand downvotes, but unfortunately I tend to agree with you.

• Upvote 3

First, OSU (neither Ohio St, Oklahoma St, or Oregon St) is going to be moving to CUSA.

For what results from this recent upheaval we'll have to wait and see, as a lot depends on how quickly the Big 12 leftovers find new homes, if they can. They're all trying to immediately find P4 homes.

If the leftovers can't relocate on the same schedule as UT & OU, then they'll be forced to backfill the Big 12 with G5 schools like the Big East did.

Grab your popcorn as it'll be fun to watch. We're not a candidate for the Big 12, and we won't have a dog in this fight until the end when potentially more regionally based alignments are being formed amongst the non-P4 crowd.

It's all good. We're well prepared, and we have the right people steering the ship.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 5
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I would honestly recommend you start preparing yourself for nothing good coming of this for us. 

I find myself skeptical as well. Please for the love of god prove me wrong. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ADLER said:

First, OSU (neither Ohio St, Oklahoma St, or Oregon St) is going to be moving to CUSA.

For what results from this recent upheaval we'll have to wait and see, as a lot depends on how quickly the Big 12 leftovers find new homes, if they can. They're all trying to immediately find P4 homes.

If the leftovers can't relocate on the same schedule as UT & OU, then they'll be forced to backfill the Big 12 with G5 schools like the Big East did.

Grab your popcorn as it'll be fun to watch. We're not a candidate for the Big 12, and we won't have a dog in this fight until the end when potentially more regionally based alignments are being formed amongst the non-P4 crowd.

It's all good. We're well prepared, and we have the right people steering the ship.

The Big 12 could expand to 12 teams after the big 2 depart. Offer Houston, smut, Memphis and Louisville and now there are 12. Perhaps then, we could slide into the AAC with the departure of the old nags along with Rice, UTSA and UTEP.

10 hours ago, ADLER said:

I think you may be right, ADLER.  
While other programs are being exposed for their true worth, North Texas is just going to keep growing (& building inside the Mean Green Village). 
 Cheers to ya’—in fact, cheers to all!

🍺🍺

❇️🦅❇️