The weak will fall

In my opinion, we have to get out of this conference or I have a feeling we will struggle to survive. CUSA is the least supportive, and if some of these talks come true, we are screwed. 
We have the smallest payout per conference, worst TV contract that goes with payout, worst front office.

Not saying B12 because that’s not very logical, but a merger or AAC is something we have to do.

Yeah I know this has been said before, but it’s not relevant again.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

With how swiftly this seems to be moving, this is a do or die year, not just for Coach Mumbles, but UNT in general. We have to ball out and show them we can be a top 80 (or 64 team) or just Rudy ourselves off the field with our own satisfaction. I'm not saying the split will happen this year, or even at all. But if you are planning ahead, you have to assume it will in 3-5 years.

College football has to coalesce, it's the nature of business and the rapid expansion the past few decades was not sustainable. a 130 team league? 41 bowl games? Only the diehard few (which obviously is most of us) would watch that. and I skip over half the bowl games every year. 

I'm torn, because I think a smaller and stronger College football conference would be so much more fun to watch... but I want a piece of that pie too for my team. my very, very terrible team. Who I will still watch every game regardless.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

What a terrible time for this Texas/OU move to go down. SMU is hitting it out of the park (recruiting, rankings for next season, their Dallas campaign, ....), and UNT is hoping Littrell can get things back on track. The last UNT video posted to the Mean Green Sports youtube channel was our softball loss in the C-USA tournament. We are about a month from football and nothing is being posted or reported. Recruiting has stalled. The C-USA "Zoom" days looked terrible on ESPN+, and yes, our interviews looked amateur too. I don't see how that production is supposed to convince fans to buy season tickets. Our commissioner is terrible, and It's like the whole athletic department is on vacation. Somebody tell me Wren has a plan and what it is.

There's been several good videos hyping football on social media? I don't check youtube but is that the place to put those videos? All I've ever went there for to see games that were broadcast there. I've never really went to youtube for regular content. They almost always push it out on my twitter and facebook feeds.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, meangreenJW said:

There's been several good videos hyping football on social media? I don't check youtube but is that the place to put those videos? All I've ever went there for to see games that were broadcast there. I've never really went to youtube for regular content. They almost always push it out on my twitter and facebook feeds.

y90zr.gif

• Haha 3
  • Oh Boy! 2

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

"Man, I think we should stay in CUSA" is something I think I've read once in the last 2 years.

So, yeah, I think we're probably gonna end up somewhere else lol

Hopefully with Neal being one of the top people in CUSA, I guess you could say that, maybe he steers us in the right direction.

• Upvote 1