Towels vs dryers

greenjoe

I’m at a seminar and the restrooms here only have dryers.  It occurred to me that at the Coliseum, dryers are the only option, at least in the men’s room I most frequently use.  At Apogee, at least in the Club men’s restroom, paper towels, when not out of stock, are the only option.  (Always a good idea to wear long trousers)

We need consistency in our hand drying.

(do I sound ready for football to start ?)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

I’m at a seminar and the restrooms here only have dryers.  It occurred to me that at the Coliseum, dryers are the only option, at least in the men’s room I most frequently use.  At Apogee, at least in the Club men’s restroom, paper towels, when not out of stock, are the only option.  (Always a good idea to wear long trousers)

We need consistency in our hand drying.

(do I sound ready for football to start ?)

I completely agree. Both hand dryers and towels should be an option everywhere. This is especially true at Apogee in the colder months. It would be nice to actually get my hands dry with a towel before exposing them to the cold outside. 

• Upvote 4

This is new for offseason talk.

We need to combine uniform talk, logo talk, and shade of green talk into this.  White or Green towels?  What shade of green?  What logo should we put on the towels?  Should we have alternate black towels?  Will anyone know who we are and where they are if we don't put "North Texas" on towels?  Script or block lettering?  And of course, we have to post players' reactions to seeing the new towels.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Snowy said:

I completely agree. Both hand dryers and towels should be an option everywhere. This is especially true at Apogee in the colder months. It would be nice to actually get my hands dry with a towel before exposing them to the cold outside. 

Very true. Last years La Tech game was frigid cold, and having damp hands made it worse.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenjoe said:

I wasn’t going to choose sides there but Gomez brings up a good point.

Most people don’t like dryers because they take too long and don’t dry.  I stopped into a fast food joint once and was pleasantly surprised at the power put out by the dryer.  There was a vendor tag on thus dryer and I called them.  I bought the biggest fastest dryer they offered.  This thing has a blower that feels like it came from Boeing.  It will dry quickly.  It might blow the skin off, but your hands will be dry.

Put me down in the dryer group if, IF the dryer has some guts and can get me out quickly.  

Now, how to open the restroom door without a towel. 

They have those dryers in love field,  only that freaks me out is with that force what germs are getting around.   My friend who is a dr always told me to spend as little time as possible in public restrooms.    It think he said that to me just freak me out, which he has done.

• Upvote 1