DRC: UNT schedules home-and-home series with Colorado, will return to site of Jamario Thomas' breakout game

Brett Vito

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: UNT secures series with Colorado
15 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Follow up question: when was the last home-and-home we played in which they played in Denton first?

Most of the time, the Power School hosts first, with the opportunity to buyout the next game at the G5. Quite honestly, these series are setup for the P5s to get that option unless there is just some schedule irregularity that causes the issue to change.

• Upvote 1

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC: UNT schedules home-and-home series with Colorado, will return to site of Jamario Thomas' breakout game
10 hours ago, 97and03 said:

We bitch we don’t get P5s at Apogee, then we do so we bitch about the timing and the order of the games. 
Classic wrinkled $100 bill. 

Just trying to wrap my mind around how many of these deals end up getting cancelled before they ever end up in Denton.

At least we get the $50 bill, right?

6 hours ago, greenminer said:

Just trying to wrap my mind around how many of these deals end up getting cancelled before they ever end up in Denton.

At least we get the $50 bill, right?

Which ones got cancelled before the return? Only one I can think of is Cal but that one didn’t end up being cancelled like we thought. They just changed the return date and are coming to Denton in 2023.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Air Force cancelled like 13 years ago and everyone since seems convinced it will happen every time. We have cancelled on more people than have on us.  We just expect everything possible bad to happen to us - and maybe we should. But this is a silly one for so many to be hung up on. Even if they do cancel they have to buy us out and we get revenue from that and from whatever game we sub in. May not be the sexiest replacement but it is still a home game we get to watch. 

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

@97and03 @BillySee58

Not hung up on it.  Was really a passing thought/curious but, yeah, my original post probably propelled the bitching.  my bad!

my bad oops GIF by Bellator

You’re good, it wasn’t rhetorical. That was the only I can remember besides A&M cancelling due to COVID this past year but that wasn’t a home and home, didn’t know if I was missing any others.

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Air Force cancelled like 13 years ago and everyone since seems convinced it will happen every time. We have cancelled on more people than have on us.  We just expect everything possible bad to happen to us - and maybe we should. But this is a silly one for so many to be hung up on. Even if they do cancel they have to buy us out and we get revenue from that and from whatever game we sub in. May not be the sexiest replacement but it is still a home game we get to watch. 

Cancel or not cancel. Indiana has been it and that was 10 years ago. We've had this athletic administration in place for 5-6 years? 0. I know scheduling can be slippery and takes time in today's climate, but the answer is still 0.