We need more gear out here

Typical.

Stores say they can't sell NT gear.  Stores say they can buy the license.  

What they typically can't do is buy the gear in a bundle that is discounted.  So they buy one hat that often is crappy looking.  It doesn't sell because NT fans have already bought it or it is crappy looking.  Then they use that to justify not paying to buy more NT gear.

And on and on it goes.

• Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

We need more gear out here

Some people would erroneously argue that it's simply supply and demand. Unfortunately it's impossible to create demand by purchasing the products that are never offered. Much of this responsibility falls on the university employees.

And t's just not clothing. Compare the wrist watches and shoes available for North Texas vs the quantity of styles available for smaller schools like La Tech and Utah St. 

Louisiana Tech accessories   and    Utah State Watch selection  

And here's our selection:

image.webp.4db4dca281beb3e3d1ff85d53834e995.webp image.webp.b9b2db42cb5a769fece97eb7e487a0a4.webpimage.webp.5f7129bc63e6dc51796138ad2ea06d91.webpimage.webp.1df24922761591cbb59d812645504ee4.webp

Maybe our demand really is matched by UNT-Dallas, but I don't believe it's the case.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Always always always ask for NT gear.  Even if you’re looking for something else, ask.  Most stores have a staff meeting weekly and the buyer asks what people are hearing.  If you don’t tell them they won’t know.  

My favorite “ask” is at Kroger.  “I see the Texas A&M ice coolers.  Where do you keep the North Texas ide coolers ?”

I love it when they resort to getting on the PA to find the clerk that stocks coolers.

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Always always always ask for NT gear.  Even if you’re looking for something else, ask.  Most stores have a staff meeting weekly and the buyer asks what people are hearing.  If you don’t tell them they won’t know.  

My favorite “ask” is at Kroger.  “I see the Texas A&M ice coolers.  Where do you keep the North Texas ide coolers ?”

I love it when they resort to getting on the PA to find the clerk that stocks coolers.

I did ask and the girl kept asking me to repeat myself like she had never heard of the school.  Very frustrating.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, DentonLurker said:

Win More Games -> More Fans -> More Gear

It's not ONLY winning, it's also university management. There's very little excuse for a Division 1 school with an enrollment exceeding 40K to not be somewhere between 50 and 75 on this list. Some department at UNT is not getting their job done. 

Top 75 Universities for collegiate licensed apparel

(1.) The University of Texas at Austin (2.) The University of Alabama (3.) University of Florida (4.) Louisiana State University (5.) The University of North Carolina (6.) University of Georgia (7.) The University of Michigan (8.) University of Kentucky (9.) The Pennsylvania State University (10.) The University of Oklahoma (11.) University of Notre Dame (12.) University of Tennessee (13.) West Virginia University (14.) University of Nebraska (15.) Auburn University (16.) University of Wisconsin (17.) The University of Kansas (18.) University of Missouri (19.) Florida State University (20.) University of Arkansas, Fayetteville (21.) Texas A&M University (22.) University of Illinois (23.) University of South Carolina (24.) Texas Tech University (25.) Clemson University

(26.) Oklahoma State University (27.) University of Miami (28.) Purdue University (29.) The University of Minnesota (30.) Duke University (31.) University of Louisville (32.) The University of Arizona (33.) University of California, Berkeley (34.) University of Washington (35.) University of California, Los Angeles (36.) University of Mississippi (37.) Syracuse University (38.) Oregon State University (39.) Kansas State University (40.) University of Maryland (41.) Georgia Institute of Technology (42.) Washington State University (43.) University of Virginia (44.) University of Cincinnati (45.) University of Pittsburgh (46.) Boise State University (47.) University of Colorado (48.) Stanford University (49.) University of Utah (50.) University of Connecticut

(51.) Brigham Young University (52.) Texas Christian University (53.) Rutgers (54.) East Carolina University (55.) Boston College (56.) The University of Montana (57.) University of South Florida (58.) The University of Memphis (59.) U.S. Military Academy (60.) The University of New Mexico (61.) Fresno State (62.) Vanderbilt University (63.) Georgetown University (64.) Marshall University (65.) Colorado State University (66.) University of Central Florida (67.) University of Houston (68.) Northwestern University (69.) Gonzaga University (70.) The University of Wyoming (71.) Villanova University (72.) University of Nevada (73.) University of Delaware (74.) Texas State University- San Marcos (75.) James Madison University

• Upvote 3