2021-2022 Basketball Schedule

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well considering there is roughly 4 spots left, I doubt the rest of the schedule is going to be filled with bad teams. Maybe 1-2 for balance.

Mac learned after 2018-19 that playing easy teams gets you nowhere during conference play.

Did anyone say that the rest of the schedule is going to be filled with bad teams?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

November 15.......we're hosting Buffalo.  (per Twitter) 

Good program.....they went 16-9 last year.....20-12 the year before that. And the previous two years before that.....they won 32 games one year.......27 games the other year. 

Edited by SUMG
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, SUMG said:

November 15.......we're hosting Buffalo.  (per Twitter) 

Good program.....they went 16-9 last year.....20-12 the year before that. And the previous two years before that.....they won 32 games one year.......27 games the other year. 

That's a good get for us. I'll add it to the OP.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ttunt1970 said:

When is the athletic department going to release the full schedule asking for a friend?🏀

Mac usually releases his schedule almost last

Don’t understand why, but I don’t ask questions because this is the most successful program

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Magic95Fan said:

I think we are actually only missing 2 games at this point. At least one of those is probably a D2 Exhibition to kick off the season.

Grant mentioned the he'd like to play a game in the old Snake Pit. An exhibition game might be what he is thinking. Free admission. 

• Upvote 4

Am I seeing this correctly, there are several home games, several neutral site games but only one true away game (@ Wichita State) on the OOC schedule?

Is NT buying games or will this mean there will be many return games in future seasons? I would have to imagine that Buffalo and Nevada might not be cheap to bring in if it were money games.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, outoftown said:

Am I seeing this correctly, there are several home games, several neutral site games but only one true away game (@ Wichita State) on the OOC schedule?

Is NT buying games or will this mean there will be many return games in future seasons? I would have to imagine that Buffalo and Nevada might not be cheap to bring in if it were money games.

Nevada is a home and home. UTA is part of a series. I haven’t seen an announcement on Buffalo, or any of the other home opponents, being a home and home

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

330 teams have released their non conference, and we somehow aren’t one of them

Man I understand trying to find the best opponents, but it’s October 🤣

I just checked the Men's basketball page on the UNT athletic website and they have the basketball schedule up on it.

• 4 weeks later...