2021-2022 Basketball Schedule

Quite a few schools have released their conference schedule. Also worth noting, divisions are staying and pod play is gone. I think it should’ve been opposite considering how well it went in 2020. Every game was electric (minus our game against FIU)

Now we are slated to play 9 home and 9 away, and with the 2 against Rice, we aren’t supposed to play 1 team from the east. Not for sure yet, but assuming a Florida school. 

Teams that have yet to release schedule: Marshall, FAU, FIU, Charlotte, USM, UAB, UTSA, Rice, NT.

Other games not listed above:

* not confirmed but assumed due to travel partners* 

Jan 6 vs UAB 
Jan 13 at Marshall

Jan 20 vs Charlotte

Jan 27 at USM

Feb 5 vs UTSA

Feb 24 vs USM

Mar 3 at UTSA

At Rice, vs Rice TBD

*Confirmed games not listed above*

Jan 15 at WKU

Mar 5 at UTEP END OF REGULAR SEASON

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 2

Holding out hope for some sort of game out west.  It was great for me when the fellas traveled to play San Diego a few years ago, a week or two before Christmas.  Or for that matter going back to the JJ era when we played at that tournament hosted by Loyola Marymount. 

Coming this way every four or five seasons is about all I can ask for.  🙂

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Magic95Fan said:

Rocco Miller posted a picture of Nevada's OOC schedule and it has us down for December 4th. Nice to finally get a date on that game.

Well that might get in the way of our CUSA football championship that’ll be at Apogee that day 😉

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well that might get in the way of our CUSA football championship that’ll be at Apogee that day 😉

Maybe the timing will work out where we can just move our whole herd from Apogee to the Super Pit. 60 bucks gets you a double ticket to both games!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Magic95Fan said:

Maybe the timing will work out where we can just move our whole herd from Apogee to the Super Pit. 60 bucks gets you a double ticket to both games!

They’ve done that before.  I forget which teams we played but there was a football game during the day and a basketball contest at night and it was a fun day in Denton it was.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CMJ said:

Holding out hope for some sort of game out west.  It was great for me when the fellas traveled to play San Diego a few years ago, a week or two before Christmas.  Or for that matter going back to the JJ era when we played at that tournament hosted by Loyola Marymount. 

Coming this way every four or five seasons is about all I can ask for.  🙂

Not super close to you but the football team will be playing in Las Vegas and the men’s basketball team will be playing in Reno within about 3 months of each other next year.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Magic95Fan said:

mush GIF
what I imagined by moving the herd😂

That would be awesome, but is merely a dream that we get in the conference championship. CUSA championship times are always weird, 2 years it was like 1:00 then last year was like 8 on a Friday night.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Magic95Fan said:

Looks like the date for the Wichita State game is December 18th.

Thanks for putting this together. So far Baker and Mccasland’s MOs have been to release the schedule later than our peers. It’s nice to have a pieced together schedule for reference since the real one is typically not released until a matter of weeks before the season starts.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Thanks for putting this together. So far Baker and Mccasland’s MOs have been to release the schedule later than our peers. It’s nice to have a pieced together schedule for reference since the real one is typically not released until a matter of weeks before the season starts.

I enjoy combing through the tweets and articles. It's crazy how we always seem to be one of the last teams to officially announce schedules. 

• Thanks 1

Our ESPN tournament bracket is supposed to come out at the end of this week. Teams in are Kansas, Alabama, Miami, Drake, Belmont, Iona and Dayton. Kansas, Bama, Drake and Iona made the tournament and Dayton made the NIT. Belmont got screwed out of the tournament and opted out of the NIT, but are very good.

I would like to play a Drake or Belmont to not see a possible pounding on national TV with the likes of Kansas and Bama.

• Upvote 2