'21 Opponents Preview from CFN: LA Tech

UNTLifer

https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/06/louisiana-tech-college-football-preview-2021

Both sides of the line have to be night-and-day better, the offensive production has to return again, and the team has to do a better job of putting away the easy wins.

However, head coach Skip Holtz might have enough in place to push though the rough patches and come up with something solid.

Might the CUSA West & CUSA East schools that did best in getting the best talent thru the transfer portal be the favorites?  Of course, the season will have to be played out for us to know.  
2021 is going to be a most interesting football season, especially for the fans.

❇️🦅❇️  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Might the CUSA West & CUSA East schools that did best in getting the best talent thru the transfer portal be the favorites?  Of course, the season will have to be played out for us to know.  
2021 is going to be a most interesting football season, especially for the fans.

❇️🦅❇️  

I agree.  Coming off such an odd year and adding in all the movement with the transfer portal, I honestly think this year is a toss up and these preseason prognosticators are just making their best guess.  Most of their research time is spent on teams in conferences like the SEC, PAC12, etc....

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

They definitely aren’t the same as the past 7 years. Seems they are in a sort of small rebuild. Still a solid opponent, but I have a good feeling about this years game in Ruston…

Our 2020 matchup was surprisingly close, or certainly closer than I would have imagined... 

If we defeat them in 2021 that would be an achievement!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree.  Coming off such an odd year and adding in all the movement with the transfer portal, I honestly think this year is a toss up and these preseason prognosticators are just making their best guess.  Most of their research time is spent on teams in conferences like the SEC, PAC12, etc....

This is true…years ago, a survey of college football media showed they spent 95% of their coverage on power teams—they know they get readers/viewers from that coverage. That’s why the coverage we get in CUSA isn’t to be trusted by any national media…they are just guessing.

• Upvote 1