🏈A Pre-Season Poll That Picked UNT #113 Nationally & Picked Us 5’th For CUSA West— That Season Ended up in HOD Bowl before almost 40K Mean Green fans & a win!

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to 🏈Back in the Day A Pre-Season College Poll | # 113 nationally | Picked 5’th For CUSA West— Ended up in HOD Bowl before almost 40K Mean Green fans & a win!
9 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

In that particular pre-season we were picked low nationally & picked to finish 5’th in the CUSA West Division—yet at the end of that season I suppose the Mean Green players didn’t read the  pre-season pollsters & would be rewarded with their going to a January bowl game in Dallas & playing before the largest gathering (ever) of Mean Green fans, approx 40,000 green-clad fans.  

••• North Texas won the bowl game & here is some of the crowd who witnessed it.

4D2D4A78-64FF-415E-A381-C0CB18DFB6C9.jpeg.b2b411b0a320a4eb655776a8b821fd7e.jpeg

❇️🦅❇️

Wish we had a better opponent in that bowl game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

• PlummMeanGreen changed the title to 🏈A Pre-Season Poll That Picked UNT #113 Nationally & Picked Us 5’th For CUSA West— That Season Ended up in HOD Bowl before almost 40K Mean Green fans & a win!
2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Your endless optimism Is admirable @PlummMeanGreen . It really is. 

MGM, it’s all those ‘dad blamed’ Norman Vincent Peale Positive Thinking rallies I attended in my younger years fault.🥶 •••Seriously, I’m sure we’ve all had our down moments, though.  It’s staying down that’s the real problem & that can ultimately  be unhealthy.  

• Upvote 2

On 6/27/2021 at 11:20 PM, Big Z said:

Wish we had a better opponent in that bowl game. 

But that was one great day for all of us Mean Greeners !  Beautiful crisp day at the Cotton Bowl,  the team looked so ready , us fans were pumped. It all finally came together for UNT football in the Metroplex. It was euphoric for all the long time, die hard UNT family !

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cogido said:

But that was one great day for all of us Mean Greeners !  Beautiful crisp day at the Cotton Bowl,  the team looked so ready , us fans were pumped. It all finally came together for UNT football in the Metroplex. It was euphoric for all the long time, die hard UNT family !

Truer words...

It was a pure nirvana for Mean Green fans, cogido.   

That day at the giant indoor pre-bowl game gathering George Derr had our table bent over in laughter when he said: “Fellers, I remember years ago at some home games when we were on first name basis with everyone inside the stadium.” 🥱😆

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, cogido said:

54 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Truer words...

It was a pure nirvana for Mean Green fans, cogido.   

Couldn't agree more!! Incredible day and fun to have a New Year's Day Bowl for the Mean Green. 

Fun/Sad fact: This is the first UNT football win I saw in person.

My first 2 years at UNT were '05 and '08 (0 home wins these years). I didn't get to as many home games after that as I wanted and I guess I was bad luck! 

But this got me motivated to be a proper fan/alumni and I have been a regular attendee to most home games since then. 

• Upvote 4

On 6/29/2021 at 10:32 AM, UNT_FH_FR_YR said:

Couldn't agree more!! Incredible day and fun to have a New Year's Day Bowl for the Mean Green. 

Fun/Sad fact: This is the first UNT football win I saw in person.

My first 2 years at UNT were '05 and '08 (0 home wins these years). I didn't get to as many home games after that as I wanted and I guess I was bad luck! 

But this got me motivated to be a proper fan/alumni and I have been a regular attendee to most home games since then. 

Yours is the kind of personal testimony that if multiplied by the number I think is more than do’able will get AD Wren Baker to start creating blueprints for a 9,000 seat double deck on the Student Side.

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1