DRC: Littrell says Aune on track to start during caravan stop packed with news, insight from Baker, coaches

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Aune, the one QB to take starter’s snaps last season, is the front runner going into a Fall camp where the talented transfer you brought in hasn’t yet had a chance to compete?  

Hmmm, now that’s a real blockbuster headline.  

Could not agree more. I would think most hope Jace comes in and steps in and takes over. But Seth is not going to come out and say anything different than he did.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Oh wow. For some reason I thought he was a grad transfer 

Been explained by someone, but there is an injury (medical red shirt), Covid, and maybe a "traditional" red shirt. In the mix. When he first announced I joked that if he stays 4 years they might be announcing the starting QB as Dr. Ruder 

PS - He did just Graduate from UNC

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Been explained by someone, but there is an injury (medical red shirt), Covid, and maybe a "traditional" red shirt. In the mix. When he first announced I joked that if he stays 4 years they might be announcing the starting QB as Dr. Ruder 

I’d be interested to see what Wren’s next 5 year plan looks like for us!  

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

13 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Oh wow. For some reason I thought he was a grad transfer 

13 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Correct:

2018 season - True Freshman. Played less than four games before being injured, therefore was eligible for traditional redshirt.

2019 season - Redshirt Freshman. Played less than four games before being injured, so he applied for a hardship waiver. The NCAA granted it, as they almost always do, for missing the majority of two separate seasons due to injury.

2020 season - Redshirt Freshman take two. Every player’s eligibility was frozen for the 2020 season, therefore every player’s 2021 eligibility is the same as their 2020 eligibility.

May 2021 - Graduates college at end of third year of college.

2021 season - Redshirt Freshman take three. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Correct:

2018 season - True Freshman. Played less than four games before being injured, therefore was eligible for traditional redshirt.

2019 season - Redshirt Freshman. Played less than four games before being injured, so he applied for a hardship waiver. The NCAA granted it, as they almost always do, for missing the majority of two separate seasons due to injury.

2020 season - Redshirt Freshman take two. Every player’s eligibility was frozen for the 2020 season, therefore every player’s 2021 eligibility is the same as their 2020 eligibility.

May 2021 - Graduates college at end of third year of college.

2021 season - Redshirt Freshman take three. 

@BillySee58I still think every time you look at our post you must be thinking

giphy.gif