Maybe for UNT someday .. BYU's new locker rooms

The lockers aren't bad they just need some TLC.  I would use a darker finish on the wood and add some lighting as a start.  They should give them some hangers for their outfits to make the area more tidy.   Not sure if it is the framing of the picture but the work spaces seem a little small. Maybe tear down the walls between each locker to expand the living area for each?  

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

UNT Men's Football Locker Room – LMC Corporation Award-Winning Experts in  Job Order Contracting

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdnassets.hw.net%2F47%2F8e%2Fc84175e44a48a95bd142c4709e42%2F4aa71a37c9ec4f61b73737bfa4865c86.jpg

Here's Basketball:

TreeFiddy (@TreeFiddy__) | Twitter

Much better with those pics, but when the present Athletic Center is expanded I think I read somewhere that new, futuristic-looking  lockers will be part of all that.

With UNT AD Wren Baker (who never thinks small) & because of the Athletic Center’s proximity to Apogee Stadium, who would be surprised if we ended up with a full blown End Zone Facility maybe like the Big 10 Hoosiers? 

••• “If you’re not building in the FBS, then you’re going backwards” is a recent quote I read.

A5A4BDBB-4693-46C6-AE0A-4257A8023252.jpeg.936780e50278e87c9198d1af214b0981.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

18 hours ago, greengal said:

The lockers aren't bad they just need some TLC.  I would use a darker finish on the wood and add some lighting as a start.  They should give them some hangers for their outfits to make the area more tidy.   Not sure if it is the framing of the picture but the work spaces seem a little small. Maybe tear down the walls between each locker to expand the living area for each?  

It is amazing what good lighting can do to a space.  Not sure what's above the ceiling tiles, but take those out and paint whatever is exposed up there black.  That and some better accent lighting would do wonders for the space. 

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Much better with those pics, but when the present Athletic Center is expanded I think I read somewhere that new, futuristic-looking  lockers will be part of all that.

With UNT AD Wren Baker (who never thinks small) & because of the Athletic Center’s proximity to Apogee Stadium, who would be surprised if we ended up with a full blown End Zone Facility maybe like the Big 10 Hoosiers? 

••• “If you’re not building in the FBS, then you’re going backwards” is a recent quote I read.

A5A4BDBB-4693-46C6-AE0A-4257A8023252.jpeg.936780e50278e87c9198d1af214b0981.jpeg

Love the closed-in end zone look at Indiana.  I think Southern Miss has a similar end zone setup.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3

For most of the last 50 years of following all this the best 2 words I could come up with (until recently) was “squandered opportunities.” 
I transferred here from the Golden Gulf Coast (Alvin JUCO) hoping we would emulate UH’s program since there were so many similarities with both metro schools.  Well, in 5+ decades we didn’t do any emulatin’, but I think all the pieces are in place now to where we could start.  We just can’t let Wren Baker get away. He still has (IMO) at least one major athletic venue to build & to put that one adjacent to Apogee Stadium.
 If “In Wren We Trust” hasn’t already, I truly wish he would go sit in the former Fry-era MG player Mattress Mac’s executive office & just ask him to finish the project he started with the AC.  (Yes, I know the history about MM’s initial donation). Yet the worst thing the Houston philanthropist & its main Mattress Man could say to WB is no, but I’d wager our AD would not give up if he initially said no. 

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Basketball for men’s and women’s have really nice locker rooms and areas, football is lacking for sure.

When Wren was talking with Brune of 247, he was talking about how they are already starting on the AC renovation and expansion. Would’ve been done last year but Covid…

Here are some pictures of my favorite locker rooms from SMU, Memphis, and FAU. 

14CD049F-A776-48C4-B562-4051422056DB.jpeg

B37EE7CD-0B8F-4014-9757-3B3994E1ED6B.jpeg

857F8EB8-1703-4AEB-86AB-7376F06F22D9.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

For most of the last 50 years of following all this the best 2 words I could come up with (until recently) was “squandered opportunities.” 
I transferred here from the Golden Gulf Coast (Alvin JUCO) hoping we would emulate UH’s program since there were so many similarities with both metro schools.  Well, in 5+ decades we didn’t do any emulatin’, but I think all the pieces are in place now to where we could start.  We just can’t let Wren Baker get away. He still has (IMO) at least one major athletic venue to build & to put that one adjacent to Apogee Stadium.
 If “In Wren We Trust” hasn’t already, I truly wish he would go sit in the former Fry-era MG player Mattress Mac’s executive office & just ask him to finish the project he started with the AC.  (Yes, I know the history about MM’s initial donation). Yet the worst thing the Houston philanthropist & its main Mattress Man could say to WB is no, but I’d wager our AD would not give up if he initially said no. 

🦅

PMG, when we dropped down to 1-AA in 1983, what ran across your mind and the fellow alumni you knew? When I got here in 1991, I thought it was so amazingly small-minded to be playing at that level, but I also knew we were planning to move up to 1-A within a few years, based on what I had heard. I just cannot imagine the devastation that alumni of this place that actually did care about football must have felt. I've been told that it was like a nuclear bomb to the fans we had that had graduated between the 60's and the 90's. But I ask this because I do wonder if that was exaggerated or if it was spot on. I do remember being at Fouts on a cool, November Saturday night in 1992, as we hosted Nicholls State, and there couldn't have been more than 100 people at the game, besides the band. I remember thinking that this has to be the low point of this place having a football team. And, although the pics from the NM State game to end the 2000 season seem close to that number in terms of fans attending, at least that date had the excuse of it being the Saturday after Thanksgiving between two bad teams at the time. The game I mentioned was early in November on a Saturday evening, in a Southland Conference game that we easily won to earn our 3rd win of the season that year (finished 4-7 under Dennis Parker in his 2nd season as coach).

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

PMG, when we dropped down to 1-AA in 1983, what ran across your mind and the fellow alumni you knew? 

We were all lower than a snake  crawling thru a wagon wheel rut, untjim1995.  We lost fans over that re-classification we haven’t seen since. 
I think SMU alums experienced similar when they were demoted to the G5 with no clear path back to a Big 12-type Conference.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

We were all lower than a snake  crawling thru a wagon wheel rut, untjim1995.  We lost fans over that re-classification we haven’t seen since. 
I think SMU alums experienced similar when they were demoted to the G5 with no clear path back to a Big 12-type Conference.

Did you guys think back in the 70s that we were going to get into the SWC ever? Or was that just a wild pipe dream that didn’t seem possible?

• Upvote 2