GMG Software update: Achievements

Harry

Our board software is in the process of updating the Achievements and Badges component of the site.

The new achievements Points system keeps a running tally of Points. Members may earn Points in a multitude of ways.

Create a topic? Points! Post a reply? Points! Follow another member? Points.  So there will be more ways to obtain points than we have had in the past.

Reputation points are still there so don't freak out if they appear to be missing.  We are still working on the format of the achievements and how they will interact with reputation badges etc and will keep you posted on our progress there.  It will take a couple of days for the new updates to index so thanks for your patience as we work through the upgrade process. 

GMG

• Harry pinned this topic
9 minutes ago, GBarksdale said:

Hmm.  I've been a member of this (great) site since 2005 so just wondering why I'm ranked as a newbie?  Maybe because I've only posted 350 times over that period?  Just curious

Hi there - the site is “indexing” meaning that the archived data is being absorbed into the new software.  You will see that your ranks and achievement badges will continue increase as the days go by.  We just have a lot of members and it takes some time to process it.   GMG

13 minutes ago, GBarksdale said:

Hmm.  I've been a member of this (great) site since 2005 so just wondering why I'm ranked as a newbie?  Maybe because I've only posted 350 times over that period?  Just curious

For instance I was a newbie a day or so ago and now I am listed as an apprentice.  You should see a similar rise in the coming days.

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

Hi there - the site is “indexing” meaning that the archived data is being absorbed into the new software.  You will see that your ranks and achievement badges will continue increase as the days go by.  We just have a lot of members and it takes some time to process it.   GMG

Thanks Harry!

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Harry said:

Any consideration of purging inactive members? I mean like ten years inactive or some measure like that? 

• Confused 1

Just now, GBarksdale said:

OTOH - I'm here multiple times a day pretty much every day.  This is where I get my sports news and my news news from The Nest.  So please spare me the hammer. 

How did you know the name of my…uh…never mind. 🤫

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Harry unpinned this topic