Dave Campbell’s Football Magazine

Big Z

Phil Steele’s 2021 College Football will only be available at Barnes & Noble according to their website.  I used to get mine at Walmart, Weatherford, Texas, but apparently no more.  One can always phone in an order I presume.

❇️Update: Just ordered mine with this phone number & FedEx will deliver mine no later than Friday at my rural mailbox. 

1-866-918-7711 

https://philsteele.com/2021/06/16/the-2021-magazine-is-off-to-the-printer/

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Scrappy76 said:

They have us at 6-6

Sounds about right from the DCTF staff. •••If only half of all these transfers come thru on our “D” this could have the makings of some special things happening. Just check out the list of new players UNT has & the P5 schools who wanted them.

🦅 The guy from Phil Steele’s I ordered my 2021 PS College FB  magazine today told me his boss (Phil) kept an ongoing computerized page of every FBS school’s late or most recent addition of portals & transfers so he & staff could better evaluate their skill sets & how they might affect a team’s quality.
(Sounds to me like this will all be one big guessing game, but isn’t it most years as it is)?

•••One alum told me today in past years when we didn’t evaluate very positively in the Summer turned into pretty good seasons.  

The TV sportscaster who did their bowl game said Coastal Carolina had been picked last in some polls last year.  

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, Big Z said:

Does anyone know when this magazine will be available in stores? Or if anybody got an early copy, what record do they show us having?

Wins:  NWSt., La. Tech, Rice, Southern Miss, UTEP, FIU

Losses:  SMU, UAB, Mizzou, Marshall, Liberty, UTSA

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

You know, if we had shown up with a real defense in 2019 we could have easily gone 8-4 instead of 4-8.

The same (or similar statement) might be said about last years results. 

If Bennett shows up with the second coming of the real "Mean Green",  we'll do better than 6-6.

👍👍 

❇️🦅❇️

4 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

You know, if we had shown up with a real defense in 2019 we could have easily gone 8-4 instead of 4-8.

The same (or similar statement) might be said about last years results. 

If Bennett shows up with the second coming of the real "Mean Green",  we'll do better than 6-6.

That’d be awesome if PB can get that kind of turn around. I would be the first to say that would be amazing to see…I just don’t see the talent for his scheme yet. When we can see DBs not giving 10 yard cushions and LBs that can tackle in rushing and passing situations, I’ll know we have made serious progress on that side of the ball.

I still think 2022 is gonna be the year to tell us if SL and PB will be here beyond that or if they are both gonna head out to pasture. Unless SL wins more than 8 games this season or loses more than 8 games, I just don’t see him getting any new changes to his contract. After COVID, I just see the university giving SL a year to make it or break it, knowing it would save us probably near $2 million dollars in buyout monies.

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

That’d be awesome if PB can get that kind of turn around. I would be the first to say that would be amazing to see…I just don’t see the talent for his scheme yet. When we can see DBs not giving 10 yard cushions and LBs that can tackle in rushing and passing situations, I’ll know we have made serious progress on that side of the ball.

My impression from this offseason is our failures on defense are due to our talent more suited for a 4-man front.

Not saying we have the perfect fit for PB's scheme.  I just think you shouldn't make a blanket assumption of our talent level based on their performance in the previous scheme.

• Upvote 3

On 6/22/2021 at 12:00 PM, PlummMeanGreen said:

Phil Steele’s 2021 College Football will only be available at Barnes & Noble according to their website.  I used to get mine at Walmart, Weatherford, Texas, but apparently no more.  One can always phone in an order I presume.

❇️Update: Just ordered mine with this phone number & FedEx will deliver mine no later than Friday at my rural mailbox. 

1-866-918-7711 

https://philsteele.com/2021/06/16/the-2021-magazine-is-off-to-the-printer/

What's a Barnes and Noble, is that like a real life amazon store or something? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1