Carlisle Steps Down as Mavs' Coach

9 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

After going 2-0 and losing every game after that in the playoffs?  You definitely stand by your man!

We didn't lose every game after that. Look at our roster and then look at theirs: massive talent discrepancy. We pushed a team whom many favored to win the west to 7 games.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MDH said:

We didn't lose every game after that. Look at our roster and then look at theirs: massive talent discrepancy. We pushed a team whom many favored to win the west to 7 games.

Agreed.  Carlisle is a heck of a coach.

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Carlisle goes to Indy.

I know this has been mentioned, but should we be worried about McCasland going to the Mavs?

Carlisle said he wants Kidd to take over, so we may be off the hook.  However, I haven't heard who Kidd wants on his staff.  I mean, it would mean McCasland doesn't have to move his family, so............

19 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Carlisle said he wants Kidd to take over, so we may be off the hook.  However, I haven't heard who Kidd wants on his staff.  I mean, it would mean McCasland doesn't have to move his family, so............

Kidd is signing. Wonder what happened between Carlisle and his previous assistant?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Kidd is signing. Wonder what happened between Carlisle and his previous assistant?

Personally, I think it was a rope a dope.  Get the Mavericks to sign Kidd, and then he can hire his previous assistant.

• Upvote 1

Being away from DFW and not a big follower of the NBA anymore, tell me about Nico Harrison and who is the assistant?  Wouldn't Carlisle take his assistants with him to Indy?

I know the folks in our Indy location are happy to have Carlisle back.  I am afraid Cuban is going to screw this deal up.

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2021 at 4:41 PM, greenminer said:

Kidd as the Mavs HC sounds awful.  Someone give me optimism.

There is no reason for optimism. He is a Mavericks legend but his actual game management skills are god awful. He is not known as someone who develops players either. Below is a real quote from him after telling Khris Middleton to purposely miss a FT up by 4 with 1.4 seconds left.

“We talked about it as he walked to the free throw line,” Kidd said. “My first response was to miss the second one. We’ll take the bet of someone making it from the other side of the floor. … If we did make that free throw, our luck they get it in-bounds at half-court and we foul the 3-point shooter and it’s a four-point play. We’ll take our chances with them heaving a full-court shot.”

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/25/2021 at 5:04 PM, UNTLifer said:

The Ticket can bring back the fake Jason Kidd.

There are a lot of things the Ticket needs to bring back.  the Overcusser, reproman, the Burrito Jimmy crew, Ticket Compound, Charity Challenge on Ice, and the list goes on.