DRC: UNT transfer Boyd lands at Oklahoma State

51 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

So so sad to lose another good player to transfer.  Ween really needs to study this and what’s causing them to leave.  If they were happy at UNT they would not be leaving in such large numbers.

I understand what you are saying, but all of the women transfers have landed at lower tier programs. This is the first to land at a top tier conference. The others I can accept because they were either looking for playing time or got crossways with Coach Mitchell. This one is hard to accept because she had playing time. I am sure they told her she would get better exposure and a better chance at the WNBA or playing overseas. Neither amounts to good money unless you are the best out there or have something else to sell. It sucks that the NCAA doesn't stop this illegal recruiting of players and I know they won't when it's coming from the "Power Conferences."

• Upvote 3

Not sure the NCAA bureaucrats up in Indianapolis really thought out the short & long term ramifications of creating this rule.  ••• What the portal rule doesn’t create is a sense of loyalty to the schools who first believed in this portal crowd enough to offer an initial scholarship to them in the first place subsequently—it just looks like some other school gets to eat the best part of a 🍰 cake that someone else spent all night baking?

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

So so sad to lose another good player to transfer.  Ween really needs to study this and what’s causing them to leave.  If they were happy at UNT they would not be leaving in such large numbers.

Being happy at NT is a nebulous factor.  In her mind, she is probably making a big jump to a much more recognized sports program.   Unless you fault NT for not being in the B12 or SEC, I don't see how you think any CUSA team can be blamed for losing recruits to major conferences.   

Plus what large numbers, with the Boyd exception who has Mitchell lost that would have significantly contributed next year?  The same with McCasland.  The players he lost were ether graduates taking advantage of the extra year or players that probably were edged out the door.  

Unfortunately I highly doubt we have seen the end of this, the way the rules now work; it is going to be difficult to keep any great players unless they have used all their transfer ability. 

Edited by GrandGreen

• 8 months later...

Wow, this decision sure bit N'Yah on the tail.

She left a program where she was a star player having the time of her life and transferred to a school where she sits unhappily at the end of the bench for a cellar dweller. N'Yah has zero points, zero rebounds, zero steals, and zero assists riding the pine through the last four games while playing 2.5 minutes in each, all losses.

2021-22 SEASON STATS

PTS 3.3  REB 2.3  AST 2.0  FG% 26.7
  • Upvote 6

Whoever thought this quick transfer/be eligible now rule would ever be used for its original intention do remind me again what that original intention was? 
How will this ever help any G5 program is still beyond me.  It still reeks of a minor league farm club existence for those not in the P5.  

🦅

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

5 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Whoever thought this quick transfer/be eligible now rule would ever be used for its original intention do remind me again what that original intention was? 
How will this ever help any G5 program is still beyond me.  It still reeks of a minor league farm club existence for those not in the P5.  

🦅

The original intent as I understood it was - coaches get to leave due to get a better job (or they're fired), and it was unfair that players would be stuck there.  When this system was first proposed I think it was only meant to be for players in that situation (the coach they signed with is gone), but it quickly got to include everyone.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, ADLER said:

She left a program where she was a star player having the time of her life and transferred to a school where she sits unhappily at the end of the bench for a cellar dweller. N'Yah has zero points, zero rebounds, zero steals, and zero assists riding the pine through the last four games while playing 2.5 minutes in each, all losses.

2021-22 SEASON STATS

https://www.ocolly.com/sports/report-card-defense-instrumental-in-comeback-against-lady-bears/article_bef34372-482a-11ec-8677-1b98b895114d.html

I wonder what happened because she seemed to be doing fine early in the season.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ADLER said:

2021-22 SEASON STATS

Who knows, maybe she really enjoys OK State and it was the school she always wanted to attend. Hopefully she's enjoying her time there

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 6/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, Tom McKrackin said:

3 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Karmas a bitch!

Wow, your attitude changed a bunch in 9 months.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • RV 1