Stone looks to extend momentum on collegiate level

After enjoying a massive amount of success on the basketball court at the high school level, Matt Stone is looking to keep that momentum going at the collegiate level.

The 6-foot, 4-inch Stone capped off a magnificent career as the Kingfisher Yellowjackets registered a 107-4 record during a four-year span, the best winning percentage (96%) over a four-year period in state history. That included two state championships (2019 and 2021) and a state runner-up finish in 2018. Of course, no state tournament was played in 2020 due to the pandemic.

“It was the best fit for me. The coaching staff has extreme confidence in me. They were always checking on me (in the recruiting process),” said Stone from the UNT campus on Thursday. “I wanted to be a part of the history they are building here with Coach Mac (Grant McCasland). They beat Purdue in the first round of the NCAA Tournament (in March).”

read more:  https://www.news-star.com/story/sports/2021/06/04/stone-looks-extend-momentum-collegiate-level/7542963002/

• Upvote 6