QB Mason Fine looking forward to making jump from Mean Green to Green and White

Mason Fine’s signing with the Saskatchewan Roughriders came with a geography lesson. 

A former star quarterback with the University of North Texas Mean Green, Fine was looking to expand on his knowledge of the CFL and where he was headed after signing a three-year contract with the Roughriders.

“I’m kind of a geography guy, so I wanted to see what type of geographical features were around me and stuff like that,” Fine said from his home in Peggs, Okla. “Then I Googled the Roughriders and I looked at the stadium. I also looked at the coaches, what players are there, the history of the Roughriders and the CFL as a whole.”

Fine, however, already had some knowledge of the CFL while playing college football in Denton, Texas.

“I’ve watched some of it on TV, so I know most of the teams up there,” said Fine, 23. “I know the CFL and I know it has been around a while. It was always something I was interested in if it came to be. I know there’s a bunch of different rules, the field is a little bit bigger and the football is shaped a little bit differently. I hope to become knowledgeable in that.”

read more:  https://leaderpost.com/sports/football/cfl/saskatchewan-roughriders/qb-mason-fine-looking-forward-to-making-jump-from-mean-green-to-green-and-white

• Upvote 7