Seth Littrell's future

untjim1995

2 hours ago, GreenGang45 said:

Offer list don’t matter it’s about developing them where they are to make them productive. So many kids who have great offer list go to colleges and never play a snap or reach “offer list potential”

all I needed

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

8 hours ago, greenminer said:

all I needed

I don’t even know what that means exactly but I assume it is some jab that the poster is new to GMG? That’s pretty weak if so. One downvote from me. 

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I don’t even know what that means exactly but I assume it is some jab that the poster is new to GMG? That’s pretty weak if so. One downvote from me. 

Agreed.  Not sure about the correlation between how long you’ve been a member and how much knowledge you have.

• Upvote 2

Many will remember when the DFW media & Cowboy fans everywhere all knew Tom Landry & his staff would soon be unemployed in the mid 1960’s;  anyway, that is when Clint Murchison shocked the football world & gave “the man with the funny hat” a 10 year contract which silenced critics & immediately all “Fire Landry” thoughts ended.  

A school like North Texas that has struggled in hiring the right person in past decades (that is, a HFC who’d leave Denton with over .500 in wins/losses) might want to consider hanging onto a Seth Littrell because (1) the guy can obviously recruit & (2) if he can just hang onto the right group of assistant coaches all this will translate into wins (as it did before during the Graham Harrell era).

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, NT93 said:

Agreed.  Not sure about the correlation between how long you’ve been a member and how much knowledge you have.

Direct correlation between how long you've been a member and how much you haven't seen us have that discussion before.

Not a jab at all, just having a little you must be new here fun.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1

26 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

SL will be here until his contract ends, just like Benford.

No, the reason is that it would decimate recruiting for years. 

Benford stayed his entire contract because we had to buyout McCarney and RV. It sucked, but that’s what it cost to get rid of RV’s lazy ass…

• Upvote 1
  • RV 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

No, the reason is that it would decimate recruiting for years. 

Benford stayed his entire contract because we had to buyout McCarney and RV. It sucked, but that’s what it cost to get rid of RV’s lazy ass…

I was always under the impression that Baker came in for Benford's final year and was in "I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it" mode.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

I was always under the impression that Baker came in for Benford's final year and was in "I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it" mode.

That was his line.   But when your limited donor base is already shelling out buyouts for the previous AD & football HC, you're really out of money to buyout another contract... until you build up the donor base with more people.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2