The Memorial Tournament '21

UNTLifer

Ortiz was scheduled to go off at 11:56am and Munoz at 12:08pm, but play is currently suspended due to rain.  Colin Morikawa is currently in the lead at -6 through 15.  Would love the chance to play at Muirfield Village.

• Upvote 1

Second Round Update:

Ortiz is -2 on his round and -3 overall through 14 today and sits in a tie for 12th.

Munoz is +1 on his round and +5 overall through 13 and is in a tie for 94th.  He's going to have to make a move to get to the weekend.

Collin Morikawa is in the lead at -6 and has yet to tee off today.

• Upvote 1

Carlos still looking pretty good with an even par round, T7 and -5 for the tournament.

The big story here is clubhouse leader Jon Rahm tested positive for COVID, and was forced to withdraw with a 6-stroke lead heading into Sunday.  That's just awful.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Carlos still looking pretty good with an even par round, T7 and -5 for the tournament.

The big story here is clubhouse leader Jon Rahm tested positive for COVID, and was forced to withdraw with a 6-stroke lead heading into Sunday.  That's just awful.

Yep, crazy for sure. Really feel for Rahm because he was lapping the field. 

• Upvote 1

This one is crazy. I get why they put in the protocols and all, but whoever wins now has a giant asterisk on their win, because he was so far ahead.  I mean , this is a highest level professional field, and in 54 holes only 4 guys managed to stay within 10 shots of him, and everybody was at lest 6 shots behind.

Makes you wonder what could have been done with some flexibility and good will to allow him to profit of his almost certain win. I would think you could do the following: He has to play with surgical mask, having to play alone rather than in a duo on Sunday and having to carry his own bag so the caddie isn't in his distance. Nobody within 15 feet of him at any moment. All of these things are disadvantages and I am sure he still would have gladly done them.

Probably would also have to clear more space between him and spectators though.

Well, I guess it is what it is. All of a sudden Ortiz has an tiny chance at winning this

Also I liked the tweet where someone wrote :

"Jon Rahm should be allowed to continue as he is socially distanced on the leaderboard"

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3