Jaelon Darden Updates

MEEN2018

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I don’t usually wish anything bad on anyone, but with ABs past, it wouldn’t be that bad if he got another suspension . Would love to see Darden tear up the Cowboys secondary 

All of AB’s past issues have either been dismissed or settled out of court. There is nothing that he could be suspended for at the moment. Darden is WR6 right now so even if something happened to AB, he would share that role with 2 other WR.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

Darden Exceeding Expectations

Rookie receiver Jaelon Darden has continuously shown off his speed and quickness through camp. Getting reps with the starters Darden, the team’s fourth-round pick, hasn’t looked out of place at all. Although he has had a few drops he’s showing the quick get off the team gushed about after drafting him. He is also firmly in the returner competition and has looked very comfortable fielding the ball

https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-training-camp-recap-analysis-from-the-first-four-days/

• Upvote 4

WR Jaelon Darden

I’m including Darden – with a caveat. The rookie receiver has obviously impressed enough to be included with the starters and vets on field one during the first week of practice. He made some spectacular catches and looked great separating from some of the Bucs’ best defensive backs. However, Darden had a false start, some drops and didn’t finish his routes a few times. He’s obviously a work in progress and making more mistakes than Bruce Arians or anyone would like – but that’s what camp is for. This is where mistakes should be made and learned from. But the talent to be special is there.

https://www.pewterreport.com/srs-fab-5-bucs-rise-as-saints-fall-5-stars-from-camp/#fab-3-5-bucs-camp-standouts-so-far

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

@MEEN2018 your updates are the best out there. Thanks for all you do.  I am so excited about this NFL season and JD.

Thanks! Obviously as a life-long Bucs fan and a UNT alum, I’m pretty excited about this year too! I still can’t believe that the Bucs ended up drafting him. Happy to see that he is doing so well too, especially considering how deep their receiving core is. He will still probably struggle to see the field as much as he should based on their depth, but he is definitely doing all that he can and it sounds like the team and staff love him!

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Udomann said:

Anyone else suddenly a pre-season Bucs fan? Crazy how this team with from UTEP levels of dumpster fire to my second favorite team to watch. I think Darden is going to get a LOT of pre-season WR snaps (even though he's relegated to returner, right?)

He will definitely get a ton of WR snaps in the preseason. Evans, Godwin, and AB will all probably barely play this preseason (if they even do). Bruce Arians has been adamant about resting the star players this training camp so far since they had a short offseason after winning the SB. He will definitely have the opportunity to earn more offensive reps in the regular season though with a good preseason.

• Upvote 1