Jaelon Darden Updates

MEEN2018

14 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Be nice to your fellow Mean Green😎

Later in practice, Darden ran a nasty in-breaking route, spinning around cornerback Nate Brooks in coverage and making an uncontested grab in the middle of the field.

For Brooks and LaDarius, the Bucs are deep enough that the determining factor in either making the team will be almost exclusively based on their special teams play. They will just go with the best special teamer at these positions (CB5 and OLB 5/6). Still hoping both have a great camp on defense as well and make the team.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Can someone else who follows the NFL tell me, is it typical to see this much praise for 4th/5th rounders? I am inclined to take this as "coach speak", but was wondering what others thought.  Others who see a bigger picture.

Of course they are gonna talk up the player they drafted, but it is pretty rare that they dedicate this much column space to a 4th round pick. I.e. haven’t seen a whole lot written about jabril Cox for the Cowboys, and they probably get more written about them than any other team in the league. 

So, I would definitely look at it as a positive. 

• Upvote 4

• Harry featured and pinned this topic

When it comes down to wide receivers, Tampa Bay has about as deep a unit as any team. The Buccaneers feature Pro Bowlers Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Antonio Brown and Rob Gronkowski. Not to mention the team returns speedster Scotty Miller and tight ends Cameron Brate, OJ Howard. A potential surprise player that may see some time is rookie Jaelon Darden, who played collegiate ball at North Texas. 

Read more:  https://www.hernandosun.com/article/tampa-bay-buccaneers-complete-strong-minicamp

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, Green Crazy said:

He needs to work on his autograph 

On 7/14/2021 at 5:21 PM, UNTLifer said:

At least it is readable.  

If that is even his writing. Did it have some proof of authenticity? The item is no longer up so I can’t see if it did.

Edited by Cr1028