Updated 2021 Roster

BillySee58

Couldn’t find my last thread but the roster has been updated for incoming freshmen and with players’ new numbers. Some interesting new number choices.

All of the freshmen we were expecting to appear are showing up except Running Back Signee Keith Jackson. Still May so hopefully he makes it just fine, but a little concerning.

Also, the newer transfer portal commits are not on the roster yet (Tommy Bush, Enoch Jackson, Dillon Francis, Sean-Thomas Faulkner, etc.)

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/2021?&sort=class

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Couldn’t find my last thread but the roster has been updated for incoming freshmen and with players’ new numbers. Some interesting new number choices.

All of the freshmen we were expecting to appear are showing up except Running Back Signee Keith Jackson. Still May so hopefully he makes it just fine, but a little concerning.

Also, the newer transfer portal commits are not on the roster yet (Tommy Bush, Enoch Jackson, Dillon Francis, Sean-Thomas Faulkner, etc.)

Keith Jackson Senior has been tweeting a lot about his son and UNT, so I think that's fine. 

I also noticed the Murphy brothers now are 11 and 9

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I know FWISD for sure is still in school for another 2 weeks, wonder if he is in the same boat.  

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Keith Jackson Senior has been tweeting a lot about his son and UNT, so I think that's fine. 

I also noticed the Murphy brothers now are 11 and 9

I heard when they get a sack Sean Kingston's song is going to come on (Somebody call 9-11) lol Ok I'll retire to mowing my yard. 🤪

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Maybe, but the incoming freshmen have been listed on the roster for weeks now. Except him.

He just wanted to wait until you posted that he wasn't on the roster to show up 🙂 

1 hour ago, GrayEagle said:

What is the purpose of this gathering?  Is it a mini-camp?  Is it an orientation?  Will this session be of short duration and everyone reports in early August?

Wondering if it may be an event in lieu of the official visits they never got to have.

4 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

What is the purpose of this gathering?  Is it a mini-camp?  Is it an orientation?  Will this session be of short duration and everyone reports in early August?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that for several years the department has funded summer school so the incoming class -or at least some of it - is already on campus over the summer. I don’t think they wait until fall camp opens to get them here working. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Am I missing our Transfer QB?

image.png.2aa64c6f5ba1c557b11caab236db4327.png

I assume that you are referring to Jace Ruder.  It's my understanding that he won't be here until early August as he graduates from UNC after this summer.  I believe that he will work on his Master's here.  I don't think that there's any worry.  He's indicated in several posts that he will be here.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that for several years the department has funded summer school so the incoming class -or at least some of it - is already on campus over the summer. I don’t think they wait until fall camp opens to get them here working. 

I think that is correct because some of them I’ve heard are signing up for classes.

Also, I’m pretty sure summer workouts are starting now so all of the players are back in Denton. I think it stops in like mid July and they come back for fall camp.

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Another major roster update, but not from a personnel standpoint. Everyone’s grade classifications have been rolled back a year. We knew that everyone who played last season would be granted an extra year due to COVID, but the team (and many others) showed the players all having advanced a grade classification from what they showed last year.

This has been rolled back. Players are now showing exactly as they did last season. For example, Loronzo Thompson is back to showing as a true freshman instead of a sophomore. This is also a change from what the two-deep earlier this week showed.

Offensively we are back to just one senior starter now. Four on defense.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Another major roster update, but not from a personnel standpoint. Everyone’s grade classifications have been rolled back a year. We knew that everyone who played last season would be granted an extra year due to COVID, but the team (and many others) showed the players all having advanced a grade classification from what they showed last year.

This has been rolled back. Players are now showing exactly as they did last season. For example, Loronzo Thompson is back to showing as a true freshman instead of a sophomore. This is also a change from what the two-deep earlier this week showed.

Offensively we are back to just one senior starter now. Four on defense.

So the true Freshmen are showing as HS seniors 😈🤣

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Haha 3