Meangreen247 host Matthew Brune sits down with AD Wren Baker

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

A legitimate argument could be made in comparison to baseball vs softball facilities. Start there. And I know there isn't a direct sport for women that peers with football, but the money, maintenance staff, renovations, bells/whistles, etc. dwarfs any and all women's sports, combined. It's all cute and fun to push this athletic gender equality argument. But athletics will never legitimately be financed equally regardless of how much law and policy rains down. Simple reason: women's athletics doesn't produce the same interest/money. 

Yet, Title 9 basically mandates that regardless of interest/money.  That is why there are very limited men's sports and many more women's at NT.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, GMG24 said:

Last time I heard anything about it, the plan was to bring the AC all the way up to where the scoreboard is currently, and have some sort of Doubled weight room/Training room, and locker room, where the coaches area on the 3rd floor would be the last to be renovated/expanded but who knows what has changed.

After a little Google research, I had no idea that it is end zone facilities that are the rage in the NCAA facilities arms race.  It is unbelievable what is being spent on that part of FBS football stadiums across America.  

Since North Texas has a definite need to double the space in the Athletic Center, I have no doubt in my mind that UNT AD Wren Baker is already thinking outside the box to do much more with that project, but  as it relates to Apogee Stadium.  

❇️🦅❇️

PS:  One NCAA FBS school incorporated a “Dave & Buster” type setup inside their end zone facility.  It is an understatement, but more TV money could really come in handy in the G5. 
I really like how this school incorporated their end zone facility to mesh with their stadium, too.  04423660-1702-49AE-A94C-04634B66825B.jpeg.d7bd846c7063378885c1434dd7f8760c.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, meangreenJW said:

I hear you. But it doesn't really matter, what coach DeLong says or wants. The federal government through Title IX requires the softball team have facilities that would be equal to a baseball program. So UNT would have to invest in softball facilities if it were to build a baseball facility. There is no way around that. Regardless of what fans want (and I want baseball) softball would have to play in a facilty that had every bell and whistle a new baseball stadium would or we'd be out of compliance. 

Yep I agree. It’s only common sense, but sadly we aren’t making bags of money each year.

CUSA doesn’t help with that either considering they have the lowest payout in FBS

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’m also wondering when they do the AC renovation, will the football locker rooms be updated because lord they are hideous. Probably bottom of CUSA… very dull

Hoping football in general gets more of a boost

Didn't they just redo the locker rooms a few years ago?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’m also wondering when they do the AC renovation, will the football locker rooms be updated because lord they are hideous. Probably bottom of CUSA… very dull

Hoping football in general gets more of a boost

The priority is expanding the weight rooms. That is what is inadequate. 

Check out these locker rooms. UNT’s  ex-conference-mate Boise State’s are very nice.   If any school is not an active participant in the NCAA facility arms race, that school can count on being passed by in recruiting.  I think most of us feel confident that our UNT AD is a strong advocate of that theory.  

•••THE TOP 15 NCAA FBS LOCKER ROOMS (with photos).

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/gallery/the-15-most-jaw-dropping-college-football-locker-rooms-102016

❇️🦅❇️

• Upvote 2