TV and Kickoff Time/Date updates

17 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

So I’ll make this thread a TV/Kick Time updates thread.

Not confirmed, but ESPN has on their site:

vs Northwestern State at 6:30 on ESPN3 

Confirmed so far:

@SMU at 6:00 on ESPN+
vs Marshall at 6:00 CBSSN

Northwestern State game confirmed.

I really like the 6:00-6:30 kick times

• Upvote 2

A national TV game against Marshal and people don't like it???   We should be thankful for what we get, our football program has not exactly been a major media draw out side of a P5 game, and expectations for the coming season are not great.  If people want to change things, it starts with getting butts in seats at the stadium, a Friday night game might actually be easier for some students to attend. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

So we only have 1 game that is on broadcast tv? The rest of the games are on an app.  Not sure if you guys have seen the numbers for ESPN + or ESPN 3 viewership but they are terrible.  I’m sure Stadium has even worse viewership. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, meangreenfreak said:

So we only have 1 game that is on broadcast tv? The rest of the games are on an app.  Not sure if you guys have seen the numbers for ESPN + or ESPN 3 viewership but they are terrible.  I’m sure Stadium has even worse viewership. 

Stadium is now on Bally Sports Southwest (former Fox Sports Southwest in Texas) so that’s technically national TV, but only like 3 TV carriers have BSSW so it’s pointless.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

A national TV game against Marshal and people don't like it???   We should be thankful for what we get, our football program has not exactly been a major media draw out side of a P5 game, and expectations for the coming season are not great.  If people want to change things, it starts with getting butts in seats at the stadium, a Friday night game might actually be easier for some students to attend. 

On a Friday night in October. You gotta be winning to have a good turnout for a weekday game, and if we aren’t it’s gonna look horrible on Tv.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

And I guess they don’t want tailgates this year because it’s hard to do all of that when we have two 1:00 games and a Friday game 😂😂

One of the 1pm games is on the road.  The other is vs. UTSA for the last home game.  Breakfast tailgates are great.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

One of the 1pm games is on the road.  The other is vs. UTSA for the last home game.  Breakfast tailgates are great.

I like wasting my day outside, not getting home before sunset!😂

I guess I’ll have to put breakfast tacos on the menu for this year

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1