2021 North Texas Football Way Too Early Schedule Predictions

if Wins are not at least 7, how can anyone justify another year for SL? Please don't throw out the new DC, the hire had to happen due to SL incompetent hires previously, can not keep extending out hoping the next season will be better when you have one of the highest paid coaching staffs in the conference. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, untbowler said:

if Wins are not at least 7, how can anyone justify another year for SL? Please don't throw out the new DC, the hire had to happen due to SL incompetent hires previously, can not keep extending out hoping the next season will be better when you have one of the highest paid coaching staffs in the conference. 

Word is that PB required a 2 year guarantee and it stipulated that Littrell would be here.  Not sure if true or not. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Word is that PB required a 2 year guarantee and it stipulated that Littrell would be here.  Not sure if true or not. 

I believe the 2-year part, but I doubt it’s tied into SL being here beyond this year. I’m sure PB just wants to make sure he’s getting paid for at least two years...

9 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

I believe the 2-year part, but I doubt it’s tied into SL being here beyond this year. I’m sure PB just wants to make sure he’s getting paid for at least two years...

Got to pay for his daughter’s wedding! 

• Haha 3

this assumes everyone stays healthy.

Sept. 4 Northwestern State - UNT wins along the 41-14 lines, we get a clear picture of Ruder’s abilities to lead the offense 

Sept. 11 at SMU - SMU sucks and I’ll never ever predict that they beat us. 77-0 mean green for reigning 2021 NBA champion Luka.

Sept. 18 UAB* - UAB stands for U Are Booty. Mean green win 35-10.

Sept. 25 at Louisiana Tech* - We owe them one for 2018, best UNT game I’ve ever been to. 87-17 UNT. 

Oct. 2 Bye - I don’t know who Bye is but it’s Pride month so I’ll say they give us a good run. UNT 24 Bye 13.

Oct. 9 at Missouri  - Seth gets another SEC win and Kansas State gives him another offer, because that’s what good people do, they give second chances. UNT 55 Ozark 14.

Oct. 16 Marshall* - The Thundering Turd. UNT by 50.

Oct. 23 Liberty - it’s a good thing Hugh Freeze can coach from a hospital bed because we’re gonna kick his butt!!! UNT 7 Liberty 6 

Oct. 30 at Rice* - they had 8 chances to score at the goal line and we stopped them all 8 lmaoooooo unt 63 rice 20

Nov. 6 at Southern Miss* - Now this one I can see being tough. Hattiesburg is just a tough road environment and USM is getting better. USM 38 UNT 13.

Nov. 13 UTEP* - UTake this football and UGet tackled! UNT 44 UTEP 24.

Nov. 20 at FIU* - Miami is a literal sinking cesspool. Seth jumps up and down in the end zone to put the field at a slight tilt that gives us a huge downfield advantage. 55-20 good guys. 

Nov. 27 UTSA* - UNT 1528372826282 UTSA 0 and we celebrate at KFC. Phil Bennett does a sick Buckethead impression as we ride into the night

Edited by WanderingEagle
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

this assumes everyone stays healthy.

Sept. 4 Northwestern State - UNT wins along the 41-14 lines, we get a clear picture of Ruder’s abilities to lead the offense 

Sept. 11 at SMU - SMU sucks and I’ll never ever predict that they beat us. 77-0 mean green for reigning 2021 NBA champion Luka.

Sept. 18 UAB* - UAB stands for U Are Booty. Mean green win 35-10.

Sept. 25 at Louisiana Tech* - We owe them one for 2018, best UNT game I’ve ever been to. 87-17 UNT. 

Oct. 2 Bye - I don’t know who Bye is but it’s Pride month so I’ll say they give us a good run. UNT 24 Bye 13.

Oct. 9 at Missouri  - Seth gets another SEC win and Kansas State gives him another offer, because that’s what good people do, they give second chances. UNT 55 Ozark 14.

Oct. 16 Marshall* - The Thundering Turd. UNT by 50.

Oct. 23 Liberty - it’s a good thing Hugh Freeze can coach from a hospital bed because we’re gonna kick his butt!!! UNT 7 Liberty 6 

Oct. 30 at Rice* - they had 8 chances to score at the goal line and we stopped them all 8 lmaoooooo unt 63 rice 20

Nov. 6 at Southern Miss* - Now this one I can see being tough. Hattiesburg is just a tough road environment and USM is getting better. USM 38 UNT 13.

Nov. 13 UTEP* - UTake this football and UGet tackled! UNT 44 UTEP 24.

Nov. 20 at FIU* - Miami is a literal sinking cesspool. Seth jumps up and down in the end zone to put the field at a slight tilt that gives us a huge downfield advantage. 55-20 good guys. 

Nov. 27 UTSA* - UNT 1528372826282 UTSA 0 and we celebrate at KFC. Phil Bennett does a sick Buckethead impression as we ride into the night

A loss to USM???

Seems a lot of you think CUSA is on top of the G5 pyramid.....unfortunately their on the bottom. This conference is wide open for anyone to take including NT. 

Four games into the season some of the dust will settle and we'll have better clarity of the direction of the conference and it's membership.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Seems a lot of you think CUSA is on top of the G5 pyramid.....unfortunately their on the bottom. This conference is wide open for anyone to take including NT. 

Four games into the season some of the dust will settle and we'll have better clarity of the direction of the conference and it's membership.

Nobody with a brain thinks CUSA is better than any conference right now. It sucks balls...and we aren't exactly helping the cause. 

We have a looonnnngggg way to go as a program and as a conference to improve. I was talking to a USM alum last week who basically said he can't follow USM anymore because it feels like we are some lower-level school now, all becuase they got left behind. I feel his pain--he played there and played conference games against TCU, Louisville, Memphis, Cincy, UCF and Houston...he said that playing these CUSA games now means nothing to him or his former players. I told him that its kind of ironic--we at UNT are loving the fact that we play teams people have heard of in our division and its the best conference setup we have had since the 50s. I guess its all relative...probably no different than the SMUt or UH fan that misses playing the big SWC teams each year...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

36 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

. . . we at UNT are loving the fact that we play teams people have heard of in our division and its the best conference setup we have had since the 50s. 

"Loving" seems awfully strong.  When we first agreed to join C-USA, we thought we were getting something else altogether, and ended up with only a slight step up from the Sun Belt.  At this point, I'm pretty sure the Belt is better than C-USA, at least as far as football is concerned.

And don't forget that in the 70's, we also were in a conference with Louisville, Memphis, and Cincy.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Nobody with a brain thinks CUSA is better than any conference right now. It sucks balls...and we aren't exactly helping the cause. 

We have a looonnnngggg way to go as a program and as a conference to improve. I was talking to a USM alum last week who basically said he can't follow USM anymore because it feels like we are some lower-level school now, all becuase they got left behind. I feel his pain--he played there and played conference games against TCU, Louisville, Memphis, Cincy, UCF and Houston...he said that playing these CUSA games now means nothing to him or his former players. I told him that its kind of ironic--we at UNT are loving the fact that we play teams people have heard of in our division and its the best conference setup we have had since the 50s. I guess its all relative...probably no different than the SMUt or UH fan that misses playing the big SWC teams each year...

When Rick V was early in his AD tenure at North Texas he told me the USM of the 70’s was trying to emulate the Mean Green football program of the Hayden Fry era.  Why not since back then North Texas was the only non-SWC school (besides the UH Coogs) that could get on DKR’s future Texas Longhorns football schedule & then.....low & behold we almost beat Earl Campbell & the Horns first time we ever played them in 1976.  (The Austin American-Statesman projected almost 20,000 Mean❇️Green fans at that game).  
Consistency has been our Waterloo in Denton & is why we need Seth Littrell to be a raging success so we can stop all this 3 giant steps forward 5 backwards modus operandi. 

What North Texas has that we should capitalize & focus on are getting our share of almost 7,000,000 North Texas Metroplex citizens with many who are an hour or less from fabulous Apogee Stadium.  ••• Denton County has almost 1,000,000 of that total population number.  With another enrollment surge UNT could hit 50,000 students at our main campus.
 I think others in CUSA-West  probably (silently) wonder what are we waiting on. 

❇️🦅❇️

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Sept. 4 Northwestern State - Easy opening weekend win...50-17 Win

Sept. 11 at SMU - We FINALLY show up for a game in Dallas, but our defense can't slow down SMU and our offense can't keep up... 40-30 Loss

Sept. 18 UAB - We show we can compete with the best CUSA has to offer...38-31 Loss

Sept. 25 at Louisiana Tech* - Big time road conference win as our defense forces multiple turnovers resulting in easy scores...41-28 Win 

Oct. 2 Bye - 

Oct. 9 at Missouri  - Offense puts up some yards, but fails to capitalize on opportunities and loses steam in 2nd half...41-17 Loss

Oct. 16 Marshall* - We take advantage of a rebuilding Marshall program...38-30 Win

Oct. 23 Liberty - Liberty smacks the Mean Green around in our most disappointing loss of the season...45-21 Loss

Oct. 30 at Rice* - Surprisingly low scoring game that we win with a last minute FG...24-21 Win

Nov. 6 at Southern Miss* - Tough road loss as our defense regresses after a good performance the previous week...37-28 Loss

Nov. 13 UTEP* - Mean Green take care of business in front of a solid Homecoming crowd...40-27 Win

Nov. 20 at FIU* - We win with our run game as a rainstorm pours down on Miami...30-24 Win

Nov. 27 UTSA* - Playing for a division title, UTSA comes in motivated and slows down our offense enough to escape with a victory...34-27 Loss

Bowl game- We face the 6-6 Akron Zips in the Bahamas Bowl and Littrell gets his first postseason victory...41-35 Win

Final Record: 7-6

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1